Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What playing Palace means to our players

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
With El Abd out, there is a chance that there could be only one player starting for us who really has any idea what it means to play Palace, and he's a loan player - Dean Hammond.

I can't work out whether this is a good or bad thing.

Good - it will feel like 'just another game' and the players will keep cool and calm.
Bad - it will feel like 'just another game' and players won't be able to rise to the occasion.

Convince me one way or the other please.

But it IS 'just another game, isn't it? :whistle::fishing::jester:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Poyet should of had enough of experience in them now to know how to fire us up.

I know in the previous games he has said about it being another game and just worth 3 points etc etc , playing it all down.

I have heard him twice now saying that Sunday is the biggest game of the season so now I hope he has found the right psychology to get the players firing. Previously we have been way off mentally

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I hope Bruno will be fit because he hates the scum. He has a picture on his lesiure hall wall, right above his blue and white striped billiards table, of the famous Cantona moment, but with his face, a dribbling mass of madness and euphoria, perfectly implanted on the top of advert-happy Eric. I get the impression that if Bruno was having a tinkle one day and saw either a Palace player or fan, perhaps noticing some sort of Palace watch on the wrist of the willy-holding hand that he glanced at to compare to his own hairless and illuminous pink monstrosity, neighbouring him, he'd turn directly and completely soak that imbecile's trousers until he dried up, the cobra-like Bruno grimace freezing the wet sod to the spot.

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
Poyet was on SSN last night talking about spurs v arsenal derbys..... With Adam and Charlie in the dressing room too and 28K fans you can be sure the players will get it. Will it make them play better? Who Knows. According to the argus Kaz gets it too !

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I think after losing to them at Selhurst they realised what it means to the supporters. We all know Buckley knows what it means but he hasn't been up to his best recently.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think Tony Bloom as someone who 'gets it' should emphasise to Gus just how important this is to the fans. Gus should be left in no doubt that nothing less than a win will be tolerated otherwise he will be looking for a new job on Monday. :lol:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
None of them will be well remembered, including Poyet, unless they have been part of a win over Palace

Disagree, after the league 1 season Poyet will be well regarded for a long time despite anything else that happens

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here