Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What ocean going ships have you sailed on as a passenger?

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Its a little known fact that tommy Steele was lined up to sing at princess di's funeral in case Elton john was too emotional, he wasn't going to sing candle in the wind though

After those allegations about the Papparazzi hearing him sing Crash Bang Wallop What a Picture would have been most apt.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
TOR_Brit_Scandinavia03.jpg

Tor Britannia and Tor Scandinavia

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
View attachment 46997

Tor Britannia and Tor Scandinavia

Yes, I travelled on them from Harwich to Gothenburg and back in 1989. The Tor Britannia was considerably nicer than her sister ship. Not long after we came back there was a fatal fire on the Scandinavia. The only only other ships I've been on have been ferries - Dover to Calais, Newhaven to Dieppe, with my ankles bulging with fag packets - a favour done for a schoolmate. I've not done a cruise yet, but am going from Seattle to Alaska and back next year.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Several Newhaven/Dieppe and Dover/Calais ferries, a few hovercraft same routes, a Stranrar/Belfast Ferry and a Liverpool/IOM Catermaran. Two Varndean School cruises on SS Uganda in 1975 and 1977.
Then a bit later RCI Sovereign of the Seas in 2000 and NCL's Norwegian Jewel in 2010.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here