Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What memorabilia did you get from the Goldstone?

lefty

Feb 18, 2021
got turf lost in the old mans garden and still have a piece of the original goal net

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sink from west stand toilet still in garden full up with flowers

:lolol:
Excellent mate, I didn’t know about this. Did you take some tools and remove it?

After the match I went to the gents at the back of the North Stand and this bloke was trying to rip the cistern off the wall above the urinals :lolol:

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
:lolol:
Excellent mate, I didn’t know about this. Did you take some tools and remove it?

After the match I went to the gents at the back of the North Stand and this bloke was trying to rip the cistern off the wall above the urinals :lolol:

Just yanked it of the wall got soaked by the time I finished it looked like one of your plumbing jobs 😂

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
More turf dug up by me. Put in my garden in North Peckham about a mile from the New Den. Matched in with the lawn and survived. Forgot I’d done that till I saw this thread.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Seat back, East Terrace concrete, turf planted at my parents, still there, piece of North goal net cut with a blunt instrument, took ages ... made an artwork incl the match ticket, previously posted on NSC ...

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
I’ve got a couple of bricks with some white paint on them. I did have a wooden board with the Ground Regulations on it, but I’ve somehow managed to misplace it!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Christ, no.

I'm not a looter.

Or a grave robber :facepalm:

My first visit to that place after we left was before the first pre-season friendly at the Amex. A drive-by tear.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
All I got was a chunk of turf which I put in my parents’ back garden at the time, it took and survived to this day but now just looks like any other part of the lawn.

I wish I’d got more, I’m sure the better organised than me managed to get more than that on the day and even crush barriers or turnstiles if you went back during the demolition!

I got a piece of the old Wembley turf which I stuck in my parents back garden! It's gone now, they built a conservatory on it.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I got a turnstile believe it or not. Sat in my dad's garden in Eastbourne for a few years, eventually we donated it to Eastbourne Boro when they were upgrading Priory Lane to move up the League's.

As far as I know it's still there.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Had Goldstone turf growing in a large planter on the edge of my basement yard. Was on the go for a couple of years. Went away for a week and on my return discovered the planter was on the window ledge on the flat upstairs filled with flowers. My neighbour was so mortified when she realised what she'd done that it tempered my seething rage. Also got 2 West Stand wooden seats that one day I will make something with, or so I have said for 25 years.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Toilet seat from ladies. Still on by loo today.

No seriously, many happy memories and some turf.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I lump of concrete from the Upper East Terrace, which sits on my windowsill to this day, as well as turf transplanted into my parents lawn. Must remember to the tell the estate agents when we come to sell, will put another £5k on value surely?!

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I lump of concrete from the Upper East Terrace, which sits on my windowsill to this day, as well as turf transplanted into my parents lawn. Must remember to the tell the estate agents when we come to sell, will put another £5k on value surely?!
you are gonna leave the turf behind? Ive dug mine up and moved it myself every time Ive moved.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

A patch big anough for a goal and a penalty spot must be worth £50k, you'd pay that for a lock up in Brighton.

Concrete is under rated. . .pride of place in the display cabinet next to the few trophies I've won over the years for driving round in circles. AAF06C1D-90CF-464E-B1C9-37357E63A9CB.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here