[Football] What match have you attended and witnessed the largest aggregate half time score ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I recall being 0-4 down after 36 mins in 2005 to Wigan at Withdean.

August 2009 at Hudd was memorable in a similar vein.

Graeme Smith’s debut, he came on when we losing 2-1 and a pen had been awarded resulting in a red card for Kuipers.

Smith picked the ball out of the net 5 times in his 47 minute cameo.

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Fulham away in the Sherpa Vans trophy in 1987. We won 6-1 and I’m sure we were 5 or 6 up at half time but I can’t find confirmation anywhere.

Yes, I was there and it was indeed 5-0 at half-time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Lunds FF U12 - Malmö FF U12, 0-11 in half time. I played in goal for Lunds FF so I witnessed it very up close.

On the slightly greater level I think Sweden vs some shite team, 4-0.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I went to Geneva v Lausanne about 30 years ago. It was 2-2 after about seven minutes and Geneva were 5-3 up at half time. Sadly, the score fest didn't continue and it finished 6-3.

There was a family group in front of me and from what they were saying, it was the kid's first game. The dad and another bloke were trying to make him realise that not every game was going to be like this!

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
In Pat Saward's season we won 5-3 at Shrewsbury, and I seem to recall all or most of the goals came in the first half.

Surely someone on here was there? Sadly I wasn't.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
In Pat Saward's season we won 5-3 at Shrewsbury, and I seem to recall all or most of the goals came in the first half.

Surely someone on here was there? Sadly I wasn't.

No.

Just looked it up - wasn't easy - and all the goals came in the second half. So it beats the Walsall match for most goals in a second half! (I was at that one.)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
First game at Withdean was a favourable result. Weather was nice too. No idea what HT score was.

I'm saw 4-1's and 3-3's at the GOldstone, again no idea on halft time.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Grimsby 4-3 Burnley, 2002. Game finished in a 6-5 win for Grimsby, the kind of victory I can only dream of these days as we sit firmly at the bottom of the 92 tonight.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm afraid i witnessed the 2-8 defeat to Bristol rovers.
1-5 at half time.

I was there and that would be my highest, and worst Albion afternoons, as well. In terms of the bizarre stuff that happened in a second half it would have to be the QPR v Newcastle game that I attended as a neutral in the 80s in which a 0-4 Newcastle half time lead ended up at 5-5. Ranger's plastic pitch was MOM.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
3-0 against West Ham at the Goldstone after 18 minutes, that was the final score too.

Phil Parkes in Goal for them that day.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Fulham away in the Sherpa Vans trophy in 1987. We won 6-1 and I’m sure we were 5 or 6 up at half time but I can’t find confirmation anywhere.

We turned up about 15 minutes late and I'm sure we were 2/3-0 up.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
First game at Withdean was a favourable result. Weather was nice too. No idea what HT score was.

Mansfield 6-0 but 2-0 at half time.

I have just stumbled upon a Withdean match I was at - we beat Torquay 6-2 and 4-2 at the interval. "Oh Bobby Zamora ! ":rave:

Tillo

Sep 1, 2007
NSW
Was it Peterborough at home ? I know it was 5 - 0 around 1975/1976 as I it was the only home game I missed that season and was gutted !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports