Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What I've learned from tonight's game.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Jfc wasn't great but was no worse than at least 8 others and its bang out of order to single him out really. You can excuse the gap in class But we couldn't String 3 passes together tonight, had little fight, Were woefully narrow and toothless up front. Hyppia has got to go. Now.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Once again. ****ing morons on here. As SuperPhil says; an outspoken minority.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Why is nopbody interested in him then?solly march is twice the player JFC is👍
It's because he isn't very good,but other players are equally bad.

No one has been interested enough to make an offer on Dunk for the last couple of seasons but many think he will be attracting big money in January. He may be a bit out of form but who would you be putting in instead at the moment?
And what has Solly March got to do with it?

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I like Sammi and really wanted him to do well BUT im not sure he has a clue, we have midfielders but dont aeem to use them and strikers running back or out of position because our defenders aeem to be the ones in the opposing box, over the last few games I feel he has lost the plot and I struggle to see a way out the players seem unmotivated and lost Tex looks like he now cant be arsed (or is it the so called tactics) I just feel deflated about this season (rant not necessarily tonights game aa couldnt get there)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
From what I understand about Hyypia's tactics (which is not an awful lot admittedly), Dunk's main role is to score goals. He missed a great chance tonight which you have to take at this level so I can't agree with all this 'Dunk played well' stuff. Without Bennett, Bruno & Greer, poor Dunk had the entirety of the team's goalscoring ambition on his shoulders and tonight, he failed. Let's hope Greer comes back on Saturday to resume his goal getting partnership with Dunk as I just don't think Hughes offers the same goal threat as Gordon.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I agree he has bags of potential but if Stockdale had flapped at that cross like Walton there would have been several threads demanding he be dropped and shipped out within seconds.

Indeed. Some of the anti-Stockdalers would no doubt have held him responsible for the second goal, too. 'Could have done better' / 'parried it into a dangerous area' / 'Kusczcak would have saved it...'

Walton did great tonight - really pleased for him.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
My guess... There is a clause in Sami's contract which makes it cheaper to sack him if we are the bottom three. He is (rightfully) no more at risk tonight but he'll be as good as gone by Saturday night.

Walton and Dunk excellent

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I thought Dunk, Walton, Ince and JFC all had decent games given their age, experience, the opposition and the woeful formation we play.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
1. JFC is not very good, but I already knew that.
2. Lewis Dunk is very good. I also already knew that, but great to see him shine against Prem opposition.
3. Hughes had a good game and is a very able back-up CB.
4. Walton had a great game, but his distribution needs work.
5. We need strikers who can score goals, but I already knew that as well. CMS did look very lively in his 10 minute cameo.
6. Chicksen played much better than I expected.
7. Ince had a good game.
8. Paddy needed to see more of the ball.
9. We need a "proper" striker.
10. We need to play with wingers on the wings, not full-backs trying to be wingers.
11. At least we can defend as illustrated in the first 45 minutes.
12. We need a new manager.

paul wickens

Wicko1
Dec 23, 2011
Just back from Tottenham

Quite. Whatever you think of his performance personal name calling says all that is needed to know about the OP.

Only the second time I have seen Brighton this season (Swindon away was the first) so I'm only going on what I have witnessed in a couple of live games, but,
I thought Dunk and Hughes were excellent tonight and Walton played well despite some nervous kicking early on. Ince worked hard in midfield and CMS looked lively in the 5 minutes he was given. Calderon and Chicksen were ok.The rest were below par.

Tactically, no threat up front, too many light weights in the team (players out muscled and too many 50/50 balls lost) no ambition other than to park the bus and keep Spurs out for as long as possible. A disappointing response when a goal behind and no real pressure until the last 5 minutes.

EddieReader

Aug 15, 2010
Thank God Spurs were shit tonight. Just imagine what could of happened. We are clueless. Mind you I had forgotten what a dump Tottenham is. Is it actually part of London or did Boris forget about it!!!!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The sooner we get Bruno back the better. He has shown he can stop the balls across that led to their goals.

I think Spurs played a darn sight better than they did when they won 5-1 last week. Not one of the top sides at the moment though. Southampton are better.

We were just as ineffective against Liverpool home and away. And against the first game against Newcastle, our defence was better and we had speed for a breakaway.

Sergio Garcia

Jul 30, 2011
Ll
1. JFC is not very good, but I already knew that.
2. Lewis Dunk is very good. I also already knew that, but great to see him shine against Prem opposition.
3. Hughes had a good game and is a very able back-up CB.
4. Walton had a great game, but his distribution needs work.
5. We need strikers who can score goals, but I already knew that as well. CMS did look very lively in his 10 minute cameo.
6. Chicksen played much better than I expected.
7. Ince had a good game.
8. Paddy needed to see more of the ball.
9. We need a "proper" striker.
10. We need to play with wingers on the wings, not full-backs trying to be wingers.
11. At least we can defend as illustrated in the first 45 minutes.
12. We need a new manager.

chicksen was poor - seemed a overawed by the occasion in the first half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here