Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] What is your go to treat?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Licorice

What's more, I'm the only one in the house who likes it so I can scoff a whole bag on my own

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Top notch quality salt and vinegar crisps. Tyrrels or salty dog the current favs but if anyone has any suggestions I’m all for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Co-op own brand (large packet) sea salt and Chardonnay vinegar. If you like it strong!

co-op-irresistible-seasalt-chardonnay-wine-vinegar-crisps-150g.jpg

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Chocolate of any kind. Chocolate peanuts, Ferrero Rocher, raisin Yorkies, Rocky bars, too many to mention.

We try to keep biscuits out of the house. Unlike the finite item of a single chocolate bar, once you get stuck into a pack of biscuits, you lose track and keep on going.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Chocolate of any kind. Chocolate peanuts, Ferrero Rocher, raisin Yorkies, Rocky bars, too many to mention.

We try to keep biscuits out of the house. Unlike the finite item of a single chocolate bar, once you get stuck into a pack of biscuits, you lose track and keep on going.

Marks and Spencers Belgian chocolate peanuts. End up nailing the whole packet and feeling sick!

61SliLEy7hL._SL1230_.jpg

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I've been waiting for an operation to remove my gallbladder since November and haven't eaten anything with more than 5% fat since then.
Anything tasty would be my "go to" treat.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Home made Millionaires Shortbread, or Plain Chocolate Digestives, Jalapeno Hummous and rice crackers.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bottle of Coca-Cola.

From a kid until in my 40’s I drank Coke probably daily. Latterly Diet Coke, but the ice cold hit of caffeine was refreshing and an energy boost, no doubt addictive.

I finally weaned myself off when a work colleague with pearly white gnashers, reminded me about the tooth rot/discolouration.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Marks and Spencers Belgian chocolate peanuts. End up nailing the whole packet and feeling sick!

View attachment 119468

I discovered those demons at M&S Carden Avenue last autumn, we kept buying packets for family sharing out in the evenings. Heavenly. I put on weight!

ASDA do a decent version too, great value.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I discovered those demons at M&S Carden Avenue last autumn, we kept buying packets for family sharing out in the evenings. Heavenly. I put on weight!

ASDA do a decent version too, great value.
I'm going to try and find these tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Celery.

Bear with me.

I grate some blue cheese (Danish Blue) into a bowl, mix it with some mayonnaise and sour cream, a douse of fresh lemon juice, and a sprinkle of paprika to make a gorgeous lumpy blue cheese dip. Rinse the celery, chop it up, sprinkle with salt, dip, and enjoy something special explode into your mouth.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Kit Kat Chunky white chocolate. :drool:

I always get through four at a time and am sure they're responsible for my cholesterol being just tipped over the average.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Celery.

Bear with me.

I grate some blue cheese (Danish Blue) into a bowl, mix it with some mayonnaise and sour cream, a douse of fresh lemon juice, and a sprinkle of paprika to make a gorgeous lumpy blue cheese dip. Rinse the celery, chop it up, sprinkle with salt, dip, and enjoy something special explode into your mouth.

Celery always reminds me of childhood visits to my grandparents on my mum's side. Before the days of multi-channel TV, the mere smell of it brings flashbacks of severe boredom on a Saturday lunchtime - no Football Focus then. Just Saint & Greavsie occasionally (if he wasn't pissed). Nothing to read either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here