Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] What is your film of the year ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I really didn't get La La Land. Only fallen asleep in a cinema once before and that was South Pacific ( gives you an idea how old I am) very nearly nodded off during La La land.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Fair enough mate. I LOVED it, know loads did not

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I really didn't get La La Land. Only fallen asleep in a cinema once before and that was South Pacific ( gives you an idea how old I am) very nearly nodded off during La La land.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

For me, it's so clever because it tells you both stories, however the butterfly flapped its wings. It tells the whole story, not just a part of it, and not a fairy tale version. It feels realistic, and very well told. The only downside for me was the opening sequence on the bridge, that was totally uncalled for!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
For me, it's so clever because it tells you both stories, however the butterfly flapped its wings. It tells the whole story, not just a part of it, and not a fairy tale version. It feels realistic, and very well told. The only downside for me was the opening sequence on the bridge, that was totally uncalled for!

I LOVED that scene. Got the highway closed down for 2 days but I loved very single second of the film

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
La La Land, War for the Planet of the Apes, Thor (for pure geekage), Hidden Figures, Moonlight, T2, Baby Driver, Logan, Wind River and Paddington were the films that stood out for me, all giving me different pleasures.

Most disappointing film of the year goes to Dunkirk.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
La La Land, War for the Planet of the Apes, Thor (for pure geekage), Hidden Figures, Moonlight, T2, Baby Driver, Logan, Wind River and Paddington were the films that stood out for me, all giving me different pleasures.

Most disappointing film of the year goes to Dunkirk.

Dunkirk has had a lot of stick but I thought it was excellent. Main thing seems to be lack of men on the beach and lack of boats I get that seemed odd from Nolan. Great but Inception and more so Interstellar were better. Interstellar is an amazing piece. That film is just stunning

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I did not get the love for Moonlight. It was poor for me and Detriot was diabolical, worst film of the year

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Luckily not been to the Cinema this year in fact thinking about it I have not seen any films on TV either

You miss out fella. Nothing better than seeing a truely great film at the cinema with a collective audience. Last one I saw that really had an impact was Schindler's List in 1993. Everyone at the end were just sat in their seats at the end in shock and awe of what a film can do. Cant remember a reaction like that since

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Dunkirk has had a lot of stick but I thought it was excellent. Main thing seems to be lack of men on the beach and lack of boats I get that seemed odd from Nolan. Great but Inception and more so Interstellar were better. Interstellar is an amazing piece. That film is just stunning

I thought it was visually spectacular, but lacked any form of heart and soul. It was like shagging the best looking girl in the world but then realising she can’t make you laugh and that her IQ is the equivalent of an unborn child.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I thought it was visually spectacular, but lacked any form of heart and soul. It was like shagging the best looking girl in the world but then realising she can’t make you laugh and that her IQ is the equivalent of an unborn child.

Great explanation, lol !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003