Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is your DREAM world cup final

Your dream World Cup final is?

• Total voters

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
For me I'd like to see Columbia win it. They have been a breath of fresh air in the tournament.

As were Chile.

Anyway, of those that are left I would genuinely like to see a Brazil vs Argentina final, it would ensure that even a dull match would feel like more of an occasion. Failing that, a first time finalist would be nice.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Any game not involving Brazil.

I'm so fed up with presenters saying it would spoil the competition if the host nation goes out.

What they mean is that it would spoil the party atmosphere for them, out in Brazil on a paid-for jolly. My heart bleeds. To those of us watching back in Blighty, it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Brazil v Argentina, with a conclusive Argentina victory. That would hurt Brazil/Scolari the most. And Scolari is a clearly a knob.

or Columbia v Costa Rica.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Germany Argentina.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Argentina will DICK Belgium. Or win fairly comfortably, anyway. Belgium haven't put a single "good" performance in yet this tournament.

Belgium's luck will run out. Other than the odd 15 minutes here or there, they have been shocking in each performance.

There was so much hype about a massively talented squad of Cortois, Kompany, Hazard, Van Buyten, Lukaku, Vertonghen, Vermaelen, Dembele, De Bruyne, Mirallas, Janazaj, Witsel, Defour.
Who have seemed comatose in their matches so far.

Would like to see Brazil v Argentina.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Belgium's luck will run out. Other than the odd 15 minutes here or there, they have been shocking in each performance.

There was so much hype about a massively talented squad of Cortois, Kompany, Hazard, Van Buyten, Lukaku, Vertonghen, Vermaelen, Dembele, De Bruyne, Mirallas, Janazaj, Witsel, Defour.

Great individuals, poor TEAM. Not unlike England 02,06,10. For me the issue is they seem to build their side around a Chelsea reject, while shoving Chelsea's best player out on the wing. Baffling.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I wouldn't.

Just picture it. 89th minute, score is a draw. Brazil WILL get a penalty, whether warranted or not. No ref is going to risk his life just for "fairness" sake.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria

:shrug:

I thought they played alright against America - was a decent game IMHO.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
:shrug:

I thought they played alright against America - was a decent game IMHO.

Man for man they should be beating USA 3 or 4-0. They haven't looked convincing in a single game yet.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wouldn't.

Just picture it. 89th minute, score is a draw. Brazil WILL get a penalty, whether warranted or not. No ref is going to risk his life just for "fairness" sake.

Some awfully biased officiating in this WC. But the tension of that final, between them, would be immense.

Also couldn't bare the arrogance of Thomas Muller, Ozil & co lifting the WC. To see the German wait for success extended to 20 years would be funny after the amount of hype the British media, BBC etc always give them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Some awfully biased officiating in this WC. But the tension of that final, between them, would be immense.

Also couldn't bare the arrogance of Thomas Muller, Ozil & co lifting the WC. To see the German wait for success extended to 20 years would be funny after the amount of hype the British media, BBC etc always give them.

True - would be quite funny to watch their "golden generation" go tits up. But I think Brazil winning it (which they DEFINITELY would if they make the final) would be a very boring anti-climax to a great tournament, and vindicate all Scolari's recent nonsense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here