Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is your achilles heel? What do you always fail at?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
95% of life to be fair

Exams are my biggest bugbear mind.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jesus. Some of you guys just dont know you were born.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I am rubbish at reading instructions and if I do read them it is always a quick scan rather than reading them carefully. Makes life difficult often.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Poaching eggs.

Big pot of boiling water, get a fork and stir the water around into a whirlpool. Once it's up so speed tip egg into the eye of the storm and just leave it until it looks poached. Once it looks good fish it out with a spoon and place on hot buttered toast.

And there is a theory about using a dash of vingar in the water but I think this is an old-wives tale; pure water in my kitchen.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Driving. Finally passed my test in my mid thirties since when I've driven a car approximately seven times. I just don't enjoy it in anyway. The great thing is that my Mrs loves it and is also a little scared of my "attempts" and therefore chauffeurs me everywhere :thumbsup:

In fact maybe I should just change it to 'being a bloke' seeing as she does all the DIY and I do the hoovering, cleaning and as much cooking as I'm there for.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Driving. Finally passed my test in my mid thirties since when I've driven a car approximately seven times. I just don't enjoy it in anyway. The great thing is that my Mrs loves it and is also a little scared of my "attempts" and therefore chauffeurs me everywhere :thumbsup:

In fact maybe I should just change it to 'being a bloke' seeing as she does all the DIY and I do the hoovering, cleaning and as much cooking as I'm there for.

Same here. Totally hate driving a car. I have only owned a car for a very short period of my life.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I am rubbish at reading instructions and if I do read them it is always a quick scan rather than reading them carefully. Makes life difficult often.

Anyone who reads instructions is a bit odd in my opinion. Sort of person who drinks half pints of beer and washes their car on a regular basis.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Big pot of boiling water, get a fork and stir the water around into a whirlpool. Once it's up so speed tip egg into the eye of the storm and just leave it until it looks poached. Once it looks good fish it out with a spoon and place on hot buttered toast.

And there is a theory about using a dash of vingar in the water but I think this is an old-wives tale; pure water in my kitchen.

Vinegar makes them taste rank !

Another way, if you want to cook multiple poached eggs is to :

1. Get a tea cup and put clingfilm in it ( leaving some extra to twist at the top )
2. Rub a bit of olive oil in the clingfilm ( to stop the egg from sticking )
3. Break in an egg
4. (optional) spinkle in a herb of your choice - parsley or chives are good
5. Twist the clingfilm to create a little sealed package with the egg in the bottom
6. Place carefully into simmering water and cook for 3-4 minutes
7. Remove package and cut clingfilm with a pair of sissors

Perfect poached eggs.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Everyone else's dancing. My own moves are perfection/sex on legs but common taste hasn't quite caught up to them yet.

Definitely not that I suck at it.

Nope.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Mid day.

A golden rule of mine that is, apart from St Paddy's day 2013 when we kicked off against them lot at 12.

You never drink before 12 noon? That is mind boggling self control. 12 noon? 12? Noon? You sure?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
'Mr Murphy... do you see yourself as having any weaknesses?'

listen and you will hear where that muppet cameron got the idea about "we are all in this together"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here