Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is this football coming too...

Will1995

Jan 14, 2011
Bexhill-on-Sea
This really is getting too far now, 35 MILLION POUNDS FOR ANDY CARROLL. I doubt even Man City would pay that for him! More than David Villa, Carlos Tevez, Edin Dzeko and Wayne Rooney.

He is good, granted, but we have only basically seen half a season of him playing at the highest level properly (premier league) and Liverpool have bid £35 million for him. He's no world class player, struggles to get into the England squad and recently had something going on with cocaine (whatever it was, i have no idea, just heard about it.)

Overall he's played 80 matches and scored 31 goals! Hardly astonishing. And last season, he was playing championship football! Where as Luis Saurez, who Liverpool also seem to be signing for £23 million, scored 81 goals in all 108 club league games hes played. Also, was a main part in (not just the hand ball) getting a country as small as Uruguay into the world cup semi finals. What's going wrong with football?!

I know the amount of money in the game is always spoken about by everyone, not just football fans. Spoken to the point where it has really started to piss me off, yeah footballers get paid way too much money, but complaining 24/7 will get you nowhere, but this really is getting beyond a joke now. Maybe £35 million for a player who is real quality and proven but Carroll isn't really good (yet) or proven. Only time will tell whether it was a good £35 million spent, but i really can't see it happening.

RANT OVER! *BREATHES* :)

stonski

Jan 31, 2009
Cowfold
Nice bit of business by NUFC

If Liverpool are stupid enough to pay that sort of money for him then well done to Newcastle. Your right, how on Earth can he be worth that much?

Will1995

Jan 14, 2011
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yeah, well done Newcastle, recouped all that money wasted on Owen but at some stage, people have got to look at this and stop it before it gets worse!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Good buisness by Liverpool, It's cost them £8m + A striker who does'nt want to be there for 2 decent strikers who do want to play for the club.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
If Carroll scores a few goals that help keep Liverpool in the Premiership then it might look like a good piece of business...but it is a hell of a lot of money for someone who still isn't a top quality player, though he could well become one!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Tevez or Villa definitely, not sure about Rooney at the moment, but what are they worth if Carroll is worth £35m...yeah, I know, what people are willing to pay...but that would put Tevez at something like £50m+...which is quite frankly ridiculous!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Seems an odd time for Liverpool to be splashing huge amounts of cash. I would have thought it would be more sensible to decide on a manager for the long run and rebuild from the bottom up, as opposed to splashing large sums of cash about in this window. Oh well, it will keep the fans happy.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Seems an odd time for Liverpool to be splashing huge amounts of cash. I would have thought it would be more sensible to decide on a manager for the long run and rebuild from the bottom up, as opposed to splashing large sums of cash about in this window. Oh well, it will keep the fans happy.

If you reckon.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's a pretty clear indication that Torres HAS got a £50 million sell-on clause, and that Chelsea are going to stump up. Therefore, Newcastle know Liverpool have got £50 million coming their way and have bumped up the price accordingly. They probably had no intention of selling unless they were offered seriously silly money - and now they have been.
I do agree the world's gone mad, though.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
fcuk me, can't imagine how much that makes gus worth!!!:D

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

Quick fix always the best option

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
But surely you'd rather have David Villa/Wayne Rooney/Carlos Tevez instead of Carroll for the same money? I know i would. :)

Not really I rate Carroll very highly, Cant stand Liverpool myself but I think they've done some bloody good buisness there if it all goes through.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Biggest deal in Spain: Elias from Corinthians to Atletico, £6m; Germany: Luiz Gastavo from Hoffenheim to Bayern, £12m; Italy: Pazzini from Sampdoria to Internazionale, £11m plus a player; France: Rod Fanni from Rennes to Marseille, £3.25m plus a few childish sniggers; Russia: Ibricic (from Hajduk to Lokomotiv Moscow, £4.2m; Turkey: Bogdan Stancu from Steaua to Galatasaray, £4.75m. England? Madness...

SirElliotBennett

May 5, 2010
West Stand Lower
If Carroll scores a few goals that help keep Liverpool in the Premiership then it might look like a good piece of business...but it is a hell of a lot of money for someone who still isn't a top quality player, though he could well become one!

Obviously Liverpool will stay in the Premiership, their 6th!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here