Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the world coming to?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I very much doubt it.

However, I do hope that you are aware that there are plenty of women who find wolf whistling embarrassing/ uncomfortable etc... I've never understood why some men think they have the right to do that to someone else. Patriarchal bullshit.

Plenty that like it and enjoy the attention too.

Also works both ways , often see women going further than men and physically groping etc when out. . . . .along with the heckling.

2 way street

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
I very much doubt it.

However, I do hope that you are aware that there are plenty of women who find wolf whistling embarrassing/ uncomfortable etc... I've never understood why some men think they have the right to do that to someone else. Patriarchal bullshit.

Completely agree what gives men the right to think they can just whistle at Women, I prefere to toot my horn and shout get ya rat out luv!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Plenty that like it and enjoy the attention too.

Also works both ways , often see women going further than men and physically groping etc when out. . . . .along with the heckling.

2 way street

Just because some like it is no reason to make other people uncomfortable. It's a respect thing.

I don't see much of that, I must say. I'm clearly going to the wrong places.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Never understood why some blokes (particularly on building sites or leaning (leering) out of a white van) feel that admiring a women has to entail wolf-whistling, or shouting such crude inanities as "Cor, don't get many of them to the pound" or "Ere, show us yer tits, luv."

Far from being an indication of how much they like women, it suggests to me that such blokes have a complete lack of respect, and an arrogant sense of superiority - if a women said she didn't like such attention, they'd probably insult her or hurl a load of sexual/sexist obscenities at her (thereby proving their contempt), or ask here why she "ain't got a sense of humour" - she probably has, but simply doesn't find a load of sexist Neanderthals the least bit funny!

I suspect it's more about showing their (work) mates that they are 'real' men; proving that they are 'one the lads' by humiliating someone who can't answer or fight back.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Never understood why some blokes (particularly on building sites or leaning (leering) out of a white van) feel that admiring a women has to entail wolf-whistling, or shouting such crude inanities as "Cor, don't get many of them to the pound" or "Ere, show us yer tits, luv."

Far from being an indication of how much they like women, it suggests to me that such blokes have a complete lack of respect, and an arrogant sense of superiority - if a women said she didn't like such attention, they'd probably insult her or hurl a load of sexual/sexist obscenities at her (thereby proving their contempt), or ask here why she "ain't got a sense of humour" - she probably has, but simply doesn't find a load of sexist Neanderthals the least bit funny!

I suspect it's more about showing their (work) mates that they are 'real' men; proving that they are 'one the lads' by humiliating someone who can't answer or fight back.

On the contrary I met my wife by leaning out of a van window and telling her to get her baps out....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Just because some like it is no reason to make other people uncomfortable. It's a respect thing.

agree with that. is that enough to classify it as a "hate crime" though? the "behavior" part seems too broad to me, and risks disproportionate response to something subjective. and why is it only towards women, as if men cant be made uncomfortable by women's behavior?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
On the contrary I met my wife by leaning out of a van window and telling her to get her baps out....

Mmmmmkay

screen-shot-2015-09-25-at-12-4-56053441581da.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here