[Albion] What is the punishment for a misbehaving guest?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Suppose you brought a guest who vaped and the stewards asked to leave, then called the stewards a name (nothing racist, slightly insulting maybe) and the stewards took your tickets for further action?

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
They should solely punish the offender, but that would make too much sense. So I imagine a 5 game ban and loyalty point deduction for you.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Punch in the mush not entirely unreasonable. Looks like a warning letter for first offence (page 27 of the club charter) but the rudeness to the stewards may maybe make it worse.

The Ts and Cs:

13.11.Both you, as the Season Ticket Holder and your Guest will at all times be responsible and liable for the behaviour of your Guest if they breach the Terms and Conditions of Entry. Both you and the Guest shall be held liable for such breach in accordance with these Season Ticket Terms and Conditions and any other applicable terms and you and your Guest will be sanctioned in accordance with the Club's sanctions tariff set out in the Club Charter (which can be found at https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/club/club/club-charter). As a Season Ticket Holder, you are solely responsible for ensuring that any Guests have read and understand the Terms and Conditions of Entry.

Last edited:

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Punch in the mush not entirely unreasonable.

The Ts and Cs:

13.11.Both you, as the Season Ticket Holder and your Guest will at all times be responsible and liable for the behaviour of your Guest if they breach the Terms and Conditions of Entry. Both you and the Guest shall be held liable for such breach in accordance with these Season Ticket Terms and Conditions and any other applicable terms and you and your Guest will be sanctioned in accordance with the Club's sanctions tariff set out in the Club Charter (which can be found at https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/club/club/club-charter). As a Season Ticket Holder, you are solely responsible for ensuring that any Guests have read and understand the Terms and Conditions of Entry.
Thanks for this, looks like a warning letter I suppose

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Sounds like a 10 home game ban and removal of all loyalty points... or worse, a long email from Paul Barber.

I thought I was joking, but looking at the club charter... hopefully it's just the vaping bit which is a warning... if the behaviour towards the steward was deemed serious, then Cat4 / 5 looks pretty severe :nono:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Punch in the mush not entirely unreasonable.

The Ts and Cs:

Correct answer.

According to the club charter these are the potential punishments:

Vaping - Warning Letter
Abusive towards staff, players and or/officials - 1 year ban

Hopefully, the club will let @HeaviestTed off with a warning letter and not take the name calling as abuse. Don't bring the vaper to another game would be my advice (y)

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Correct answer.

According to the club charter these are the potential punishments:

Vaping - Warning Letter
Abusive towards staff, players and or/officials - 1 year ban

Hopefully, the club will let @HeaviestTed off with a warning letter and not take the name calling as abuse. Don't bring the vaper to another game would be my advice (y)
I won’t 100%!

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
What if the offender has purchased the ticket through the Clubs ticket exchange ? I guess the ticket office (the Club) is then responsible and liable for the actions of the ticket holder.

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024
Suppose you brought a guest who vaped and the stewards asked to leave, then called the stewards a name (nothing racist, slightly insulting maybe) and the stewards took your tickets for further action?
What on earth was your mate (guest) thinking?

This season I've been asked on a few occasions to move along from my seat to accommodate a friend of the people that sit to my right. The friend had bought a non ST seat further along to my left. I had no issue with this until the friend started vaping (trying to hide it). For one, I hate the smell of it and don't want vape 'smoke' in my face. But I also wondered what might happen if he got called out by a steward and they looked at who owned the ST for that seat. I'm sure I would be fine - but I wasn't happy. I mentioned it to the dad of the chap whose friend it is and explained my concerns. He said he'd speak to his son and make sure it doesn't happen again. If it does then I'll refuse to give up my seat.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I think it depends on who you ask. The Albion Head of Security would probably suggest you losing your house, making you bankrupt and sending you to prison. I think that might be seen as firm but nether the less fair.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
What if the offender has purchased the ticket through the Clubs ticket exchange ? I guess the ticket office (the Club) is then responsible and liable for the actions of the ticket holder.

Does that mean the club ban themselves from all home games for a year?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
My guess is that you'll get a 3 match home ban (but you can't go away either) and a deduction of loyalty points.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Bad luck - but I guess a fella is judged by the company he keeps and all of that.🤷‍♂️

I do think it is fair for STH’s to be responsible for their guests and ensuring their guests know the rules - it’s very common to make club members entirely responsible for the conduct of their guests (maybe it’s a public liability insurance thing - when you take out a membership you do so on the basis of abiding by the rules of the organisation - perhaps making members responsible for guests ensures those rules are kept when there is no direct contractual relationship with the club (as in someone coming in as a guest on a members ticket?).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports