Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is the point? (Warning: Probably being dramatic)

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
That Guardian quote says it well, “ never bother dreaming “.. In football today the money barons take it all , chew up smaller successful clubs and spit us out.
God! I F***ing hate Chelsea tonight !

Not content with taking our star wing back , they seduce away our manager and almost all the coaching staff. I feel our club has been raped ….

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
From The Guardian…

Poor Brighton. You’re one of the very few clubs not owned by a hedge fund, a public investment fund, a sheikh, an oligarch or a tax exile. You’re owned by a local boy made good, a childhood fan. You graft for years. You put plans in place. You establish an astute recruitment department. You find an innovative and understated manager who fits your model. You impress but for one thing: you don’t convert your chances.Then suddenly you crack it. You win at Old Trafford for the first time in your history. You’re compact and well-organised. You put five past Leicester. You sit fourth in the table. You’re two points off the top. You know it probably won’t happen, but this is a strange season. The calendar is absurdly compressed. You’re not involved in European competition. Not that many of your players will be involved in the World Cup that will interrupt the season. It’s not likely but maybe … maybe there’s a chance of reaching the Europa League, the Champions League, perhaps even a tiny possibility of repeating the glorious freak of Leicester …

Blam!

Down comes the meaty fist of capital. Never bother dreaming.

That is a perfect summation of how I feel. It felt as though it was all just about to come together.

Taken away in an instant.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
From The Guardian…

Poor Brighton. You’re one of the very few clubs not owned by a hedge fund, a public investment fund, a sheikh, an oligarch or a tax exile. You’re owned by a local boy made good, a childhood fan. You graft for years. You put plans in place. You establish an astute recruitment department. You find an innovative and understated manager who fits your model. You impress but for one thing: you don’t convert your chances.Then suddenly you crack it. You win at Old Trafford for the first time in your history. You’re compact and well-organised. You put five past Leicester. You sit fourth in the table. You’re two points off the top. You know it probably won’t happen, but this is a strange season. The calendar is absurdly compressed. You’re not involved in European competition. Not that many of your players will be involved in the World Cup that will interrupt the season. It’s not likely but maybe … maybe there’s a chance of reaching the Europa League, the Champions League, perhaps even a tiny possibility of repeating the glorious freak of Leicester …

Blam!

They're not wrong, are they? It's all bollocks.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
From The Guardian…

Blam!

Hated Chelsea ever since being attacked along with many other Brighton fans early 80’s at the goldstone. Horrible racist knuckledragger fans

This article is spot on

Makes you wonder what’s the point

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Completely and utterly missing the point of the thread, but nice irrelevant rant.

If you aren’t slightly disheartened right now then you can t be that much of a Brighton fan with the direction we’ve been heading as a club and football wise, as I said, how do teams challenge the monotony of money driven football clubs? Question still remains.

He's a Chelsea plastic.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
How dare us, little Brighton, I mean 'to use top 6 fans words' who are Brighton? How dare we have the neck to enter the top 6 and start to look any good.

Put them back in their place.

Football as I knew it is dead. But I think I knew this was coming a long time ago.

Potter is not the problem.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
I feel so low, season feels wrecked, but worse than that the soul of the club feel like it been ripped out. To think yesterday morning all was good, did not take any time at all for all these people to make their decision to leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here