Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is the outcome going to be? (Moises and Levi)

What is the outcome going to be?

• Total voters

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Colwill wants to play regular football and isn't convinced he will get the chance at Chelsea. If he doesn't play in August then he may try and force a move or push for a loan.
True.
Caicedo must realise that a season with us playing at a similar level to last season will cause a queue of potential suitors to come knocking. Why move to Chelsea now and risk fighting for a spot in a huge squad and not play European football when next summer a bigger club would almost be a certainty.
This all day long, Chelsea are not Europe, will not win the Premier League, will struggle to get in the top 4 and secure Champions League, or whatever it it will be called then, I can a top European team coming in for him next season, Paris or a Spanish giant, I think RDZ, Milner and Lallana will all be telling him this, and I think there is a 50/50 chance he stays.

If he does they can keep Colwill, as far as I am concerned.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Colwill wants to play regular football and isn't convinced he will get the chance at Chelsea. If he doesn't play in August then he may try and force a move or push for a loan.

Poch is making all the right noises, he’ll be Englands best centre half etc etc, but let’s see if he picks him first few games. If he doesn’t can easily see Levi handing in transfer request. He wants to play week in week out to get in the Euros squad. Having said that, Southgate will probably pick him anyway playing or not.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I don't see any scenario which results in Chelsea selling Colwill, that one is over now.

I think Caicedo will start the season for us but be sold by the end of the window when Chelsea finally cave and just pay us the money. The goalposts don't move, we'll get our fee or we'll keep our player but I think they'll blink and pay up. To be honest, I imagine the longer this goes on for the more favourable for us the terms become.
That may be the case if TB wants either £100m to be met OR Levi to be included in the deal. But we seem to like to separate the deals, so perhaps the view is that with Chelsea it is £100m for Moises and purchase of Levis at an acceptable fee. It would not surprise me at all - we don't want to lose Moises and they don't want to lose Levi so for it to happen it has to be both ways. TB doesnt see us as a club that has to accept what the likes of Chelsea want to happen, we have an equal say for a player on a long contract. Perhaps more so than Chelsea with Levi on a shorter contract and no European football for them next year.

I'm feeling much more confident that Moises will be here at the end of the window, you dont continue to develop and improve if you sell your best players when you don't want to, and we'll only want to sell Moises in a couple of years time. In the meantime it would need to be a really tempting deal.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Don’t sell Caicedo to Chelsea at any cost, block their number, email address, fax machine, carrier pigeon.., everything.

One more good season and Moises will be on Man City/Madrid/bigger clubs radars, he’s 21 years old, he’s only getting better why settle for a mid table team rebuilding like Chelsea?

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
In my mind Caicedo is better to stay this season whilst we're in Europe rather than jump ships to a team who aren't. Could see him getting a move to a much bigger club like Manure or somewhere after another great season with us.
Can't imagine Colwill will get a lot of game time at Chelsea, thing is, after signing Igor would he be guaranteed game time here? My honest opinion being that ship has sailed. Think he'll sit on the bench a bit at Chelsea before maybe heading back out on loan or sold in January when/if they sign another dozen CBs. Shame they've risked a young players career over trying to stick it to us. *****.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
I think he is staying another season, the top clubs have spunked their big signings budget already.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
It's starting to feel like Caicedo will stay for one more season, or at least until January. I don't feel like he would down tools either, so it could be pretty good for us in that situation.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
They will both stay at their respective clubs. I'm sure Caicedo will move at some point but the closer to the start of the season we get, I suspect he will now stay for 1 more year. All round I genuinely think this is better for him.

Taking off my Albion specs, he will start nearly every game for us bar injury or chronic lack of form (no guarantee of that at the Chavs), he will be working with a progressive coach who values him highly, and he will also get European experience as well. By next summer he will almost certainly have more options as to who move to and also us fans will have enjoyed seeing him for a second season in the stripes. I'd personally be far happy to see him move on next summer as opposed to this summer and I'm sure many of Albion fans would feel the same.
This Albion fan feels the same. I’ve already said elsewhere briefly I think another season with us would be good for him.

I also think any “toys out of the pram” stuff is pure fabrication. He seems happy enough.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No chance we get Levi anymore, which is shame but not as much of a shame as it would be seeing Caicedo going for well under what our club values him.

As for Caicedo, I honestly have no clue but I have every confidence we'll get something approaching the asking price if he does go - £95m bare minimum. As a fan I hope we keep him for one more year, the player doesn't throw a massive strop, he contributes massively to another stellar season, and next season we sell him to another club (an actual big club, which rules out Chelsea). He is still only 21 after all.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
If Moises stays and we get a decent LCB and good full back cover I do think we’ll be in the mix for top four so hope he doesn’t go, but unfortunately I can see Chelsea panicking at the last minute and giving us the £100m to get it done. Their midfield looks very weak imo.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think he is staying another season, the top clubs have spunked their big signings budget already.
I'm not so sure about that when you factor in the Saudi windfall transfer fees in and wages saved:

Man City: Mahrez £30m and £6.24m p.a. saved
Liverpool: Henderson, Firmino £12m and £16.7m p.a saved
Man Utd: Telles, Ronaldo £7m and £25m p.a. saved
Chelsea: Kante, Mendy, Koulibaly £33m plus £33.9m p.a. saved.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
I don’t.

BUT in terms of my expectations, him staying is the difference between a realistic punt at the top 6 again compared to a good top half finish without him.
I would say the difference is top 3 compare to top 6. Maybe I'm to optimistic or you are to negative. Will be interesting to see who is right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here