Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is the outcome going to be? (Moises and Levi)

What is the outcome going to be?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No chance of having both here next season, so what do you see as the end result?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I don't see any scenario which results in Chelsea selling Colwill, that one is over now.

I think Caicedo will start the season for us but be sold by the end of the window when Chelsea finally cave and just pay us the money. The goalposts don't move, we'll get our fee or we'll keep our player but I think they'll blink and pay up. To be honest, I imagine the longer this goes on for the more favourable for us the terms become.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't see any scenario which results in Chelsea selling Colwill, that one is over now.

I think Caicedo will start the season for us but be sold by the end of the window when Chelsea finally cave and just pay us the money. The goalposts don't move, we'll get our fee or we'll keep our player but I think they'll blink and pay up. To be honest, I imagine the longer this goes on for the more favourable for us the terms become.
Nothing to stop TB getting his hold-out price for Caicedo, then making Chelsea an offer they can't refuse for Colwill. TB would still be tens of millions of quid in profit on the double deal, as well as having soundly invested in a rock-solid player for the foreseeable future

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
To be honest I don't care too much, we will still have a fantastic team if one goes or comes or nothing happens. The whole RDZ idea works as a unit and I am confident we have every possibility covered in terms of recruitment, and improving the team.

Don't worry about if's and but's

Enjoy this season, it is going to be special.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It’s getting very boring even the player himself looked bored at the non stop are you joining Chelsea questions. He signed a four year deal hasn’t made a noise about a move answered with a respectable quote about Chelsea and then in the same interview went on to say how much he loves it at Brighton which was conveniently left out by Jacobs.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
To be honest I don't care too much, we will still have a fantastic team if one goes or comes or nothing happens. The whole RDZ idea works as a unit and I am confident we have every possibility covered in terms of recruitment, and improving the team.

Don't worry about if's and but's

Enjoy this season, it is going to be special.
I thought we looked well dodgy playing out from the back without Moises. Also very open on defence. Maybe that will improve over the pre-season and early season.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What the hell are Liverpool and Man Utd playing at? They look on as Chelsea continue to bid below our valuation of the player, knowing that if Chelsea do get the player they could easily both be leapfrogged because of that one acquisition. That will cost at least one of them a Champions League spot.

Anyone watching our match last night couldn't have failed to notice the improvement in our midfield when Caicedo came on. Alzate, Gilmour, Dahoud were all good but Moises is on another level.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
What's the outcome going to be? About 54,000 more posts and another three polls on NSC, endless tweets (sorry Elon – Xs) from the agent-botherers and lots of EXPERTS in the media saying that we should #FreeCaicedo, right up until the window SLAMS shut. With both players staying exactly where they are.

Until January when the whole circus starts up again. Maybe it'll be a THIRD club in for Moises by then.

Edit: it would be funny (in a way) if Caicedo stays at the Albion, but Colwill gets lured to Liverpool, so Todd and Co get a nice double-whammy of bad news :lolol:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'd say Chelsea have 2-3 weeks to stump up £100mil before the shutters come down. At this point, I don't think that will happen so he'll be ours another year. No chance on Colwill. I expect he'll bite the bullet and sign a new contract for loads wonga with Chelsea - won't blame him but fair play if he refuses and tries to engineer a move, would be hilarious (and great) to see.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I more minded to think that Moises and Levi will both stay put. Chelsea are clearly not serious about putting in a bid that comes anywhere near our valuation and in a surprising outbreak of common sense they are intent on keeping Levi at the club because he is good.

Chelsea know the price so it's up to them.
If Levi flat out refuses to sign a new contract, then maybe that dynamic will change but I suspect once he realises he is gong nowhere soon he'll sign up to a pay rise.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's going to be tough for Colwill. Chelsea fans don't seem to grasp that his 30-40m value is based as much on his potential as it is on his current ability. They have never seen him play but seem to be expecting him to come in a be one of the best centre backs in the Premier League in what is currently still a very unsettled side.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Nothing to stop TB getting his hold-out price for Caicedo, then making Chelsea an offer they can't refuse for Colwill. TB would still be tens of millions of quid in profit on the double deal, as well as having soundly invested in a rock-solid player for the foreseeable future
Chelsea are short at CB with the season-ending injury for Fofana. That ended our chances of Colwill, not to mention the fact that he's quality and they will obviously have noticed and he'll be a starter for them. He'll have signed a new deal by January.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Chelsea are short at CB with the season-ending injury for Fofana. That ended our chances of Colwill, not to mention the fact that he's quality and they will obviously have noticed and he'll be a starter for them. He'll have signed a new deal by January.
He doesn't seem overly-enamoured of his parent club, which hopefully counts for something. Fingers crossed eh?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He doesn't seem overly-enamoured of his parent club, which hopefully counts for something. Fingers crossed eh?
There is categorically no chance whatsoever that he becomes a Brighton player in the next year. It would have been great to have signed him on a permanent deal last summer but we didn't. As excited as we are about welcoming Adingra back into our team, so are Chelsea about Colwill. He's been a Chelsea player for a long period of time, he'll be very happy when he's played 10 PL games for them and signed his fat new deal. He'll probably have an England Cap in the next International break.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Colwill wants to play regular football and isn't convinced he will get the chance at Chelsea. If he doesn't play in August then he may try and force a move or push for a loan.

Caicedo must realise that a season with us playing at a similar level to last season will cause a queue of potential suitors to come knocking. Why move to Chelsea now and risk fighting for a spot in a huge squad and not play European football when next summer a bigger club would almost be a certainty.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
They will both stay at their respective clubs. I'm sure Caicedo will move at some point but the closer to the start of the season we get, I suspect he will now stay for 1 more year. All round I genuinely think this is better for him.

Taking off my Albion specs, he will start nearly every game for us bar injury or chronic lack of form (no guarantee of that at the Chavs), he will be working with a progressive coach who values him highly, and he will also get European experience as well. By next summer he will almost certainly have more options as to who move to and also us fans will have enjoyed seeing him for a second season in the stripes. I'd personally be far happy to see him move on next summer as opposed to this summer and I'm sure many of Albion fans would feel the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here