Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What is the most that would you pay for a concert ticket

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not for me [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were both fantastic at the time, not sure why we have to decide who was better. One was the Mum’s favourites the other was a “lock up your daughters” band :shrug:

I still really enjoy listening to both bands, but only at their peak, lost interest in the Beatles after the White Album and the Stones after Some Girls though.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Didn't Phil Collins used to rack up at the Goldstone in the eighties? Bet he didn't pay.

Yeah against all the odds!, remember him saying it was another day in paradise.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I think a lot of people would pay good money to see the original Jam play again. As you say never going to happen as Weller always struck me as a bit of a misery. The Police famously didn't get on that well but even Sting didn't begrudge the reunion tour back in 2008 which topped up the pensions for Summers and Copeland. Don't think Buckler and Foxton are going to be that lucky which is a shame for them and us punters.

To be fair I’ve seen From the Jam a few times with Bruce Foxton. An absolute legend and the lead singer is Mr Cool

Worth going to see them

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I spent a number of hundred pounds to see the Led Zep show in 2007, the money was donated to REMF as another NSCer was successful in securing tickets via the ballot and offered his spare in exchange for a donation to the fund. To this day it was one of the most amazing gigs I’ve ever been too.

Bid up to £600 on-line for this show but realised it was only 1 ticket and felt it wouldn't be fair on Mrs Jakarta so bailed out. Glad you had a good time, saw them only at Knebworth in 1979, past their peak and Page clearly out of it but a stunning back catalogue so worthwhile.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Pfffffffff!!! Almost spat my ‘spicy Spanish chicken’ that Mrs WQW just made all over my iPad. That is twice or maybe three times in the last year that we have agreed with each other. Will wonders never cease?

It’s the healing power of music, it brings people together!

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Found a ticket stub for pink Floyd at Earl’s Court the other day from 1994 , they were good seats if I remember and were £22.
I know that is a fair while ago but what the hell would they be now??

Genesis at Knebworth in 78 - £5.50!!!!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They were both fantastic at the time, not sure why we have to decide who was better. One was the Mum’s favourites the other was a “lock up your daughters” band :shrug:

I still really enjoy listening to both bands, but only at their peak, lost interest in the Beatles after the White Album and the Stones after Some Girls though.

I agree, other than three late gems, I adore:
Here Come The Sun
Something
The Long and Winding Road.

I was brought up on Beatles, Stones, they’re in my DNA.

Here Comes The Sun was played at my kids primary school, as a direct result they love it too.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Does anyone else remember the Charisma shows at the Dome in the early 70s?

Lindisfarne, Genesis and I think one other on the Venue?

Think it was 50p to get in!

Saw loads of bands at the dome in those days, all really cheap.

I think that as someone posted previously it's about what you are able to afford.

I would pay £100+ to see Paul Weller as I have never seen him live but not sure I would would pay that to see someone who I saw at their peak for a lot less.

We don't get many artists coming here.Aussie Pink Floyd have been twice since 2003 and were great. Steve Hackett played last year and was brilliant. Sadly this year's highlight is Celine Dion which i think I will give a miss.:)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I agree, other than three late gems, I adore:
Here Come The Sun
Something
The Long and Winding Road.

I was brought up on Beatles, Stones, they’re in my DNA.

Here Comes The Sun was played at my kids primary school, as a direct result they love it too.

Have to agree with the two later Harrison songs but Long and Winding Road is a dirge imo. Did I tell you that I’m not a McCartney fan? :lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Think it was 50p to get in!

Saw loads of bands at the dome in those days, all really cheap.

I think that as someone posted previously it's about what you are able to afford.

I would pay £100+ to see Paul Weller as I have never seen him live but not sure I would would pay that to see someone who I saw at their peak for a lot less.

We don't get many artists coming here.Aussie Pink Floyd have been twice since 2003 and were great. Steve Hackett played last year and was brilliant. Sadly this year's highlight is Celine Dion which i think I will give a miss.:)

My wife will take the Celine Dion tickets, she can go to that on her own though!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Recently paid £75 x 2 (me and my daughter) to see Kraftwerk in Victoria Park in May this year. The overall lineup made it look like money well spent: Iggy Pop, Johnny Marr, Kim Gordon, The Orb, Anna Calvi, Grandmaster Flash. Almost looked a history of popular music in one day.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yep - seen From The Jam quite a few times - Russel Hastings does a great job on vocals and guitar. Rick Buckler hasn't played drums with them for 10 years or so.

blimey not sure how i got that one wrong , convinced it was him last time i saw them but checking some pics the drummer must have been 30 years younger looking at my phone. too much of a good time perhaps.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
A few years back I saw Leonard Cohen was about to do a few shows in the UK. Mid priced tickets were 75 quid so I thought "Sod that" and didn't get any (saw him at the IOW Festival many many years previous so foolishly thought as I'd seen him before-that was enough). Wish I hadn't listened to my inner voice moaning about 75 quid.

Next time Neil Young is over here I'll pay the price... When you get an opportunity to see your musical heroes-pay the price because they may never pay us a visit again.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Just Genesis supporting Lindisfarne when that tour came to Worthing. Genesis just breaking at the time, so it was a total sell out and I didn't manage to get in - along with quite a few other people who had gone along hoping to see Genesis. Plenty of people came out at half time and gave away their tickets to anyone who wanted to go in and see Lindisfarne ................

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
Paying €80 to see Paul McCartney in Lille this year. As a younger Beatles fanatic i feel it could be one of the last opportunities to see him. Particularly with his gigs selling so quickly

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
don't think I've ever paid more than £40 for a gig.

I'd probably pay £100 to see The Cure at the Amex.

At the moment I've got tickets for Swans, Rustin Man, Teenage Fanclub, Dean Wareham, The Wedding Present and Robert Forster for less than £150 in total.I

I win.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
A few years back I saw Leonard Cohen was about to do a few shows in the UK. Mid priced tickets were 75 quid so I thought "Sod that" and didn't get any (saw him at the IOW Festival many many years previous so foolishly thought as I'd seen him before-that was enough). Wish I hadn't listened to my inner voice moaning about 75 quid.

Next time Neil Young is over here I'll pay the price... When you get an opportunity to see your musical heroes-pay the price because they may never pay us a visit again.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Cohen bucked the trend of Sixties stars being passed their best later in life. I have the album of the concert at the Royal Albert Hall a few years ago. His interpretation and delivery of those old songs was way better than the originals. Fantastic soulful album

You definitely did drop a ricket not getting Cohen tickets :smile:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Seeing mention of Celine Dion has reminded me that was the most I've ever paid for a ticket. Think they were around $150 each for one of her shows at Caesar's Palace. I'm not even a Celine Dion fan but it was more of a 'when in Vegas' moment and to be fair she was blooming brilliant. Only real bucket list artist I want to see is Garth Brooks so would certainly pay similar or more for that if the opportunity arose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here