Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the most cash you have ever found in the street or out and about ?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Just over £5000 I handed it in to the police 30 years ago I was out of work at the time and it turned out to be one of the best things I ever did as it gave me a great reference and the next job I went for the interview was conducted by a justice of the peace who gave me the job 30 years later I am the manager honesty pays

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just over £5000 I handed it in to the police 30 years ago I was out of work at the time and it turned out to be one of the best things I ever did as it gave me a great reference and the next job I went for the interview was conducted by a justice of the peace who gave me the job 30 years later I am the manager honesty pays

You need to tell more than "just over £5000" this sounds like it has legs

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Couple of weeks wife and I found a back pack on the pavement inside camera wallet car keys took it home found in wallet who owned with email address emailed then it turned to be a French couple with small children on holiday stopped to attend to one child in buggy stood up and walled off! Luckily for them the email went to his phone which was not in the back pack and we were able to reunite backpack and contents the tears of joy from his wife as we handed I have to say made us feel good

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Not found any cash but have lost

£50 outside the market diner
£20 outside Victoria
£20 on London Road
£20 on the A23
£32 in an empty woodbines packet many years ago
A fiver in Kingston gorse

Loads in Preston Drove as I stagger home from the Park View

Oh, and a lump of hash in co-op

Oh, and a fiver somewhere or other

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
You need to tell more than "just over £5000" this sounds like it has legs

It was a cash bag from Ross foods cash and carry who used to be in Holingbury found it in the road Cardenas avenue turned out a young lad was given the job of driving it to the bank put it on the roof of his van got in drove off and it fell off, the company thought he had stolen it and he later told me was in line for the sack as he had only just joined the company with a young family, got commendations from police, Ross foods and the lad all good

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We were walking through a shopping centre when we saw a bloke pull his hand out of his pocket and a £20 note fall to the ground. We shouted to him, picked up the note, and handed it to him when he turned round. He looked astonished but pleased.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It was a cash bag from Ross foods cash and carry who used to be in Holingbury found it in the road Cardenas avenue turned out a young lad was given the job of driving it to the bank put it on the roof of his van got in drove off and it fell off, the company thought he had stolen it and he later told me was in line for the sack as he had only just joined the company with a young family, got commendations from police, Ross foods and the lad all good

Wow that was one lucky lad, I used to hate taking the banking to the bank in Kirkby always looking over my shoulder and held onto it like glue.Well done you

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
About 3 years ago ib Manchester airport awaiting flight to Cuba - £60 in 3 crispy £20's

Not cash, but last night outside Tesco, pack of £1 scones lying on the floor had obviously fallen off someone's trolley but no one in sight - went back in he shop and bought some jam and cream .....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Then you *should* hand it in to the police. If it's not claimed in (IIRC) 6 weeks, then you can have it.

This is what my mum made me do when I found a fiver in a park in hurstpierpoint in 1969 (and in them days a fiver was a lot of money).

This - back in the 60's my dad found a 10-bob note and took it in to John Street - 6 weeks later they phoned him up to say it had not been claimed and would he like to come down and collect it ....

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Not found any cash but have lost

£50 outside the market diner
£20 outside Victoria
£20 on London Road
£20 on the A23
£32 in an empty woodbines packet many years ago
A fiver in Kingston gorse

Loads in Preston Drove as I stagger home from the Park View

Oh, and a lump of hash in co-op

Oh, and a fiver somewhere or other

What about the 5K?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I had a nice surprise this morning getting in the car I noticed a soggy £20 note near the curb, so straight in the old sky rocket.

This is not the first time, I once when I lived in Camden a £50 scrunched up again by my car and again on a Saturday morning. However although the was the most not the most bizarre as I once drove from Brighton to Mordon and when I arrived on site and got out some workman pointed to my front bumper and said whats that..... It was a again a soggy £20 stuck to my bumper..... Chances of that when, how did that happen on the drive....

Anyone else and how much ?

Maybe they were secret bids for your motor :lolol:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Many years ago I was on business in Hackney. It was pouring with rain. I parked the car in a street as I opened the door there was a wad of twenties in the gutter. I picked them up got out to see if any others had washed down the road. There was £200 altogether. I dried them off using the heater on full whack and put them straight in my wallet. Kerching.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Many years ago I was on business in Hackney. It was pouring with rain. I parked the car in a street as I opened the door there was a wad of twenties in the gutter. I picked them up got out to see if any others had washed down the road. There was £200 altogether. I dried them off using the heater on full whack and put them straight in my wallet. Kerching.

You might be hearing from Bevendean Hillbilly in the not too distant future.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Working up in a dodgy East London suburb mid 90's i found what turned out to be 2 Kilo's of Cocaine.Reported to The Police and they collected it,i'd assume that was a lot of money to someone.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I keep finding bits and pieces last one about a month ago well no it was March 19th day Ovivo mobile stopped working.

I was walking down the garden path and spotted this bit of rubbish that had blown into garden, there I was cursing the litter bugs again then when I went to pick it up realised it was a £20 note.

I did actually return one find once, I was walking behind a teenage girl on a very windy day and spotted this £10 note fly out of her hand I plucked it out the air caught her up said you dropped this she opened her hand to see nothing there handed it over and walked on before she could say anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here