What is the minimum David Moyes needs to do to keep his job for next season?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Frighteningly, many media folk and pundits repeatedly talk up Smalling as England's centre back for the next 10 years. Not just this season, but to me against decent opposition, he comes across as slow to react, often caught out of position and relatively slow in general. Phil Jones is a far better talent.

Any United first team player that didnt start last night had their best game of the season ......

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I actually hope that Utd give Moyes a few years before they start considering his job. Sacking him now would not only ruin his career but also show football fans everywhere that they should expect instant success or cry for the managers head (Garcia??).

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I don't really know what the fuss is about, they were always going to have a dip when fergie left, he was worth maybe, 10 points a season extra to them by his presence alone, and he didn't leave a team built for the long term. They'll give Moyes time and money and I expect them to be back in contention maybe nect year - however the other "big" teams are stronger, so United won't be able to dominate at all.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I'm guessing that getting to the last 16 in the Champions League and sixth place in the Premier League won't be enough.

Does he have to reach the Champions League final to balance out the relatively poor form in the League?

Answers on a postcard! However, it is deliciously enjoyable to watch the current struggles...

I reckon he needs to get Ashley Barnes in to save their season, unbelievable player destined for the top :))

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't really know what the fuss is about, they were always going to have a dip when fergie left, he was worth maybe, 10 points a season extra to them by his presence alone, and he didn't leave a team built for the long term. They'll give Moyes time and money and I expect them to be back in contention maybe nect year - however the other "big" teams are stronger, so United won't be able to dominate at all.

Had this exact conversation on the way to the Amex the other day. Fergie is/was, to some, greatest manager of all time. You can't expect Moyes to do the same job, even if he has the same players. I'm torn because I quite like Moyes, but also love the fact that many local (to here, not Manchester) United fans are muted at the moment…

I think they will try and spend their way out of it, but already I think it is too late. The likes of City, Chelsea and to a point Arsenal and Liverpool are much stronger than they were and will continue to be so. I also think the lack of CL football will be a bigger issue to MUFC than many seem to think/say.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Exactly, this is something a lot of people are forgetting. Not only does he have the squad that won the league last season, he has spent £70m improving it. Sir Alex only bought three players more expensive than Fellaini and Mata in his entire 27 years in charge - Ferdinand, Berbatov and Veron. Moyes has no excuses. He's a chump.

Taggart did well with that squad last season but he knew it needed major work and bailed out at the right time, leaving his 'chosen one' deep in the shit. Everybody in football knows MUFC has a massive rebuild to undertake and players' prices will be inflated when they go looking and rightly so.

Long may their struggle continue-sadly it isn't likely to last too long though.

Listening to a couple of Mankers on the radio last night before the kick off, their arrogance reminded me why I hate everything about that football club. "We're going to win the Champions League, blah blah, blah". "What he said-if Liverpool and Chelsea did it, we can too". "When we win the Champions League this season it will mean Liverpool miss out". You morons-you have Moyes in charge of a squad well past its use by date. A squad that couldn't beat a very poor Olympiakos.

Arrogant tossers. I bet Bayern Munich are shitting themselves at the the prospect of meeting your lot. And Barcelona. And Citeh. And Arsenal.

Keep up the good work Moyes-the rest of football loves what you're doing.

PA_SOCCER-Man-Utd-105827_6843070-6119851.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oscar to Old Trafford ???

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Second leg prediction: United will be leading 3-0 and then they'll conceed a comical OG to lose the tie in the 94th minute. Nailed on.

Oh, I do hope so. OG to be scored by Wayne Rooney.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
There is too much money in football now compared to the early days of Fergie, Moyes will be gone before Christmas...of that I have no doubts!!

Tactically inept and out of his depth

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports