What is the minimum David Moyes needs to do to keep his job for next season?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
He'll survive this season. The United brand is strong enough to cope without being in the Champions League for a few seasons, just as the Liverpool one has proven to be. Give him the summer, a wedge of cash and see how he does next year.

The best decision of Fergie's managerial career was quitting when he did

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
At least it's not as bad as Leeds who finished in 17th in 1992/93, a season after being champions. What a comedown that must have been.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
At least it's not as bad as Leeds who finished in 17th in 1992/93, a season after being champions. What a comedown that must have been.

without checking, I believe they didn't win an away game ........... I was living up there at the time ........... lovely city ........ the further you were from Eland Road the better it got.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
What a pleasure seeing those arrogant tossers having to eat crow.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
He will get another season regardless....."its the united way."

But i never rated Moyes....eveyone harps on about what he did at Everton.....err? average football and no success.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
May I be so bold as to say who cares ????
As long as we have a damn good laugh at their expense
this season at least :lolol:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
What a pleasure seeing those arrogant tossers having to eat crow.

Is that some sort of Northern delicacy for the poor ???

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think most people are being optimistic about his chances. I think he will be gone at the end of this season, if not before. The reason for that is that the top managers are only ever available in the summer, and with this being a World Cup year there is also the possibility of some big names leaving international jobs in June/July too. If they stick with Moyes until next season and then realise they need to sack him, next season becomes a write-off too as they won't be able to bring in a top replacement in September/October/November. They're out of both cups, they won't finish higher than fifth in the league (and sixth or even seventh is more realistic) and they are probably going to be dumped out of the Champions League by Olympiakos. If he survives this then United have no standards and will accept anything, because that record with the reigning champions is an absolute disgrace. The final nail in his coffin will be when the fans at The Theatre of Dreams start to turn on him, which I don't think is too far away.

I think they already are.....90% saying get rid, and a petition on the go. Will be looking for any signs next time they are on the box. So many of their supporters have only ever seen success so will have no idea how to deal with mediocrity

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/moyes-has-to-go.385470/

And you thought we were being hard on OG..........

And again people show how thick and fickle they are. Honestly, the reactionary nature of footy fans never ceases to amaze me. He's inherited a poor team and he's having a shocker and it is way too early to say whether he's the long term answer but, as has been said 100s of times, in the current climate Fergie would have been sacked after his first couple of seasons. Longevity + stability almost always = success. Just part of the I WANT IT NOW brigade that you see everywhere including this board. That said, I'm loving it!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
And again people show how thick and fickle they are. Honestly, the reactionary nature of footy fans never ceases to amaze me. He's inherited a poor team and he's having a shocker and it is way too early to say whether he's the long term answer but, as has been said 100s of times, in the current climate Fergie would have been sacked after his first couple of seasons. Longevity + stability almost always = success. Just part of the I WANT IT NOW brigade that you see everywhere including this board. That said, I'm loving it!!

Exactly...especially the 'loving it' :lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Never heard of him.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
What an embarrassment watching Smalling and Ferdinand. Slow,ponderous movement with equally ponderous thinking.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What an embarrassment watching Smalling and Ferdinand. Slow,ponderous movement with equally ponderous thinking.

Frighteningly, many media folk and pundits repeatedly talk up Smalling as England's centre back for the next 10 years. Not just this season, but to me against decent opposition, he comes across as slow to react, often caught out of position and relatively slow in general. Phil Jones is a far better talent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports