Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the MATTER with people in East Belfast?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm not surprised to see you using the same hackneyed arguments that have proved to be so worthless in the past, can you explain EXACTLY how my comments on education are empty rhetoric ? seriously , i'd be extremely interested as to how a failing school in an area with low immigration excuses the fact that there are schools in london where 70 % of pupils speak english as a second language thus holding back the english kids , seriously, explain how you connect the two ? You also state " No I can't say my family have lost out on social housing to immigrants and asylum seekers " , well mine have , and it illustrates perfectly the smug, couldnt give a f*** but i'll express a pc view to look good attitude that so many of you who never have their convictions tested have , and for your guide , i help my family out financially,as the one bedroom , housing trust flat that would suit my 50 year old divorced cousin is currently occupied by an asylum seeker from the congo, who is so in fear of his life that he went back there for a holiday 3 times in 2010, never mind though, at least it means your firm get their offices cleaned a little cheaper.

I just KNEW those immigrants would have a detrimental effect on my livelyhood somehow! :)

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
You prize cvnt , are you really as dim as this post suggests ? I lived on a peabody estate in london, some of which is rented on the open market, the flat below , which wasnt, was occupied by an asylum seeker from congo, who cheerfully asked me to keep an eye on his flat when he f***ed off back on holiday to the place from which he fled in such abject terror, i used him and my cousin , as an example to illustrate the unfairness of the situation, perpetuated by do gooding, say the right thing pricks like you, even without me explaining all of this , did you honestly not realise ? If so i doubt you're able to dress yourself in the morning without help, and for your information , my cousin has a job, nowhere did i state that he didnt, perhaps the fact you tried to suggest he didnt alludes to your prejudices against the white working class, something you wouldnt ever dare to say about a "gentleman" from the congo.

Was he an asylum seeker or a refugee your neighbour from Congo ?

I will concede one thing though your angry keyboard moment has induced a certain smugness in me.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Was he an asylum seeker or a refugee your neighbour from Congo ?

I will concede one thing though your angry keyboard moment has induced a certain smugness in me.
Well thats a comprehensive debunking of my argument, were you president of the university debating club ? Or shall I just take it you really havent got a response ?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Well thats a comprehensive debunking of my argument, were you president of the university debating club ? Or shall I just take it you really havent got a response ?

Which points did you want to debate exactly ? It seems from your aggressive response that actually you just wanted me to shutup.

Divorce in this country can be a vicious and painful process and I have every sympathy with anyone who is caught between the Child Support Agency and a partner hiding behind the law. However none of this is directly relevant to your neighbour and the connections is something you have made for the convenience of this argument and to suit your own warped political agenda.

Over to you for the last word. I am done here.

C

CT1

I often travel to Ardoyne in North Belfast with my mother as its her birth place, and although there is alot of 'dissident' republicanism there (as well as dissident loyalism in areas like the Shankill) there are alot of people who are happy with peace and how things are, which is hard for me to accept as I don't agree with them. However my point is valid. There are many people who thirty years ago would have supported the 'RA or the UVF etc.. but who now just want peace. Progress has and is being made in the eyes of many.

I often travel to Ardoyne in North Belfast with my mother as its her birth place, and although there is alot of 'dissident' republicanism there (as well as dissident loyalism in areas like the Shankill) there are alot of people who are happy with peace and how things are, which is hard for me to accept as I don't agree with them. However my point is valid. There are many people who thirty years ago would have supported the 'RA or the UVF etc.. but who now just want peace. Progress has and is being made in the eyes of many.
That's my impression too. There is, however, a problem with a disaffected younger generation, whose parents lived through (and, to an extent that obviously varies, participated in) the troubles. The parental generation has stories to tell, experiences to look back on. But the younger generation hasn't. Until now. Here is an issue and an opportunity to do something. Some people are taking it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

So...you're not in agreement with the peacemongers? Do you want a return to the good old days of the troubles?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Which points did you want to debate exactly ? It seems from your aggressive response that actually you just wanted me to shutup.

Divorce in this country can be a vicious and painful process and I have every sympathy with anyone who is caught between the Child Support Agency and a partner hiding behind the law. However none of this is directly relevant to your neighbour and the connections is something you have made for the convenience of this argument and to suit your own warped political agenda.

Over to you for the last word. I am done here.
Can you let me know exactly what is warped about disagreeing with a (false) asylum seeker being given social housing whilst someone who has worked and paid taxes all his life, isnt, what exactly is warped about us importing office cleaners, traffic wardens and freebie magazine distributors from africa whilst we have christ knows how many millions sat on their arses not bothering to work, what is warped about disagreeing with the strains put on health services by immigrants and all the health issues associated with them, who have paid a large amount of fuckall into the system , what is warped about being worried that only 20% of schoolchildren in london are white british , i'd appreciate it if you'd actually put up an argument instead of hackneyed cliches, thats if you're not too busy struggling with social cohesion in shoreham beach.

C

CT1

So...you're not in agreement with the peacemongers? Do you want a return to the good old days of the troubles?

Sorry I didn't make myself clear there. Now that the peace process is in place I don't think violence is the way forward because it will achieve nothing (evident by the dissident's feeble attempts to derail it). However, at the time of the good friday agreement I don't believe Sinn Fein should have sold out their own people by signing it, though now the damage has been done there is no going back to violence.

My opinion may well have been different if I was old enough to remember the signing the good friday agreement or to live through troubles. I understand how easy it is for me to say that the struggle should have continued when I wasn't living through the tragedies that it caused, but this is just a point of view I have adopted from my mother who has educated me well on the subject.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Sorry I didn't make myself clear there. Now that the peace process is in place I don't think violence is the way forward because it will achieve nothing (evident by the dissident's feeble attempts to derail it). However, at the time of the good friday agreement I don't believe Sinn Fein should have sold out their own people by signing it, though now the damage has been done there is no going back to violence.

My opinion may well have been different if I was old enough to remember the signing the good friday agreement or to live through troubles. I understand how easy it is for me to say that the struggle should have continued when I wasn't living through the tragedies that it caused, but this is just a point of view I have adopted from my mother who has educated me well on the subject.
Are you saying your mother was against peace and the good friday agreement ?

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I'm sure it is a nice city but it's not somewhere I would want to visit.

I visited Northern Ireland and Belfast for the first time a few years ago. It has beautiful countryside and the locals in Belfast were very friendly, even to this Englishman and his friends! We ate in a great restaurant ('Cayenne' from memory, but can't be sure) and James Nesbitt was sat a couple of tables away from us. The food was sensational and the price very reasonable. Overall a great weekend.

I've given up trying to understand the Irish problem as logic just doesn't enter into it. As a previous poster said "the English can't remember what the Irish can't forget" and whilst for many of us the subject of flying a flag seems a relatively minor issue, the symbolic status of the Union Flag (or the Tricolour) is really important to the communities involved.

Nov 27, 2009

So the "struggle" should have continued? So tell us, how many more innocent children, women and men would you want to see killed as part of your Fenian "struggle", eh gerry?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Let's face it English were f***ing horrible to the irish and we deserved a fight. We didn't deserve a sustained terrorist attack on our women and children but you cannot undestimate a people who have been the subject of tyranny no-matter how many generations pass.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here