Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the key to our success this season?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Replacing players like Ankergren, Painter, Dicker and either of El Abd or Greer with PIG, Wayne Bridge, Hammond and Upson. Obviously Ulloa replacing Barnes/CMS and the option of two from Buckley, Lua Lua, Orlandi and Dave. All necessary moves and ones that were addressed! Ditching Harley and Sparrow and to an extent vincealot also. Wow we really did freshen the team up over the last 12 months!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Gus is a season more experienced and is a better manager now than this time last year.
This season's acquisitions have been superb... we've really upped the quality of our recruitment process (larger wages?).
Weaker league than last season - i reckon Saints, West Ham and Reading would have finished above Cardiff this season.

We've underachieved this season though in my view. We've way more quality than the teams above us (even Watford) and should easily be going up automatically.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I agree with the OP but would also say that adding Upson has taken our defence to another level he has looked a class above since joining us

The strong defensive unit has allowed us to play with more freedom which has given Lopez and Orlandi a license to be more creative and as a result we create more chances than last season

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Gus is a season more experienced and is a better manager now than this time last year.
This season's acquisitions have been superb... we've really upped the quality of our recruitment process (larger wages?).
Weaker league than last season - i reckon Saints, West Ham and Reading would have finished above Cardiff this season.

We've underachieved this season though in my view. We've way more quality than the teams above us (even Watford) and should easily be going up automatically.

Ohtge arrogance! Really? Udinese's B team didn't come cheap (ok, wooden dollars and all that), Forest's budget? Leicester? Bolton? Wolves? Blackburn?

Target was the play offs - two games left and we are? In the play offs...........
u

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You could say the back six really.
It's definitely a back 6.

Then there's the Dave-factor.

Back in the day when [MENTION=30]Withdean Wanderer[/MENTION] was right, our midfield was contributing NOTHING, we hadn't progressed from last season, playing with a marooned centre forward.

The confidence SD has bought to the attacking midfield, built on the solid defensive foundation, has freed up the other 4 attack minded players.

Also Gus' finally admitting wins are now needed, and picking teams accordingly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here