Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the greatest film of all time - at Xmas?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
You fine GDC chaps could get themselves a portable DVD player for those long train journeys...as if you need encouraging...

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Agree with Its a wonderful life . Never understood the fascination with it untill I watched it, now a regular every Christmas.
But truly Christmas isn't Christmas without the Griswalds.
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation everytime.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Antikythera Mechanism said:
Scrooge - The old one with Alastair Sims in it.

You mean A Christmas Carol. Scrooge is a (not very good musical) starring Albert Finney.

The Sim CC is the dog's bollocks.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
It's a Wonderful Life is my favourite film, Xmas or not.

If you haven't seen it I would give it a go and would guess that it will be a love or hate experience.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
The Great Escape, Where Eagles Dare.

Nothing captures the Christmas spirit better than any movie where we give Jerry a good shoe-ing!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
smudge said:
The Great Escape ...
Nothing captures the Christmas spirit better than any movie where we give Jerry a good shoe-ing!

Er... have you ever seen the Great Escape?

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
'Its a Wonderful Life' is the best film EVER.

If you ever feel like you need a large dose of optimism when things get bad, then watch this film.

My family are forced to watch it every Christmas Eve afternoon, its now part of our christmas build up .

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
miracle on 42nd st (with richard attenbrough as 'chris chringle'- a bit PC, but well worth watching, to the end where he- ah, that would be giving it away..!)

gladiator. great action, great story. wel lworth the oscar haul.

home alone. a classic for all ages, especially the chase around the house..:clap:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
When i was a nipper i use to love Great expectations and 10000 leagues under the sea.Also the railway children as well

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
desprateseagull said:
miracle on 42nd st (with richard attenbrough as 'chris chringle'- a bit PC, but well worth watching, to the end where he- ah, that would be giving it away..!)

gladiator. great action, great story. wel lworth the oscar haul.

home alone. a classic for all ages, especially the chase around the house..:clap:

Gladiator is probably my favorite film.Like you say,great story line.Brave Heart is another good film but shame the Yanks can't stick to history.

Still must be the Great Escape, with the Stev McQueen bike chase!¬

A classic Boxing Day film.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here