Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the dirtiest/weridest thing you've spotted on the streets of Brighton this week.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Given there's no such place as Hollingbury Tip I think @Commander has mis-informed you !

Sorry - HollingDEAN, rather than HollingBURY.

From @KLF: "My wife saw the union brothers preventing a member of the public entering the recycling area at the top of Hollingdean the other day and calling him scum."

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Sorry - HollingDEAN, rather than HollingBURY.

From @KLF: "My wife saw the union brothers preventing a member of the public entering the recycling area at the top of Hollingdean the other day and calling him scum."

Ahhh, that makes more sense ! Strange reaction by the Union people in that case.

D

Deleted User X18H

This is a tremendous tale.

Contrast that with the striking binners stopping members of the public taking their own bags to Hollingbury tip, and calling them scum. That is a bloody disgrace.

Out of interest why does it bother you?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Out of interest why does it bother you?

1. I'm interested in labour relations.
2. I don't like the idea of my hometown being a. under a pile of rubbish / b. held to ransom
3. My parents and many of my freinds live in Brighton

You don't lose interest in a place the moment you leave it, Timmy.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Just dirt. This is one of many scenes from the centre.

The 'clean' team will have a devil of a job sorting out the town before their next bit of 'leave'. I suspect they won't.

424443_10151748035543885_236916561_n.jpg

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Imagine what it will be like if we have a hot weekend and everyones beach bbqs pilled up next to this load of rubbish.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
I'm off to Hove tip tomorrow with the bin (its full of cat litter/sh*t so it pongs bad), I'll let you know if I achieve 'scab' status from the local employees.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
They'll be too busy sitting around drinking tea to worry about me then.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
On overtime, making up their weeks "lost" wages until they go back out Monday, and next weekend they'll be back, on overtime.

Not this weekend, they are 'working to rule' so no overtime.

However I am sure once the strike is over they will be filling their boots.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm off to Hove tip tomorrow with the bin (its full of cat litter/sh*t so it pongs bad), I'll let you know if I achieve 'scab' status from the local employees.

I have to say that whenever i go to Hove tip, i have always found all the workers there to be very friendly, cheerful and helpful. My wife says that if she is ever there on her own they will always help unload the car and chuck the rubbish in the skips. You've just reminded me that i was going to e-mail the council to praise them.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Apparently rats are unlikely because they have a phobia of new situations. Apparently that's why rat traps often don't work. They are overly cautious little rodents by all accounts.

Such a relief not to work in Brighton, and escape this armpit of a city every morning.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hats off to the volunteer cleaners . . . . but its not their paid job, is it? Or career, even. The volunteers haven't got a paycut etc to muse over . . . .

I've considered cleaning up the crap left round Faversham creek. At the end of the day I've been too busy. But if I did I'd not trash the council workers for slackadaisicalilty, cos its their job, not mine.

That's the problem with being a volunteer - volunteers can afford it - those employed to to the job can't.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
West Street at closing time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here