What is the BEST bit about the Ashes to date?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Watching McGrath bowling an exceptional spell in Lord's test

Watchign Warne in each test trying to fight back even if the odds were stacked against Australia

And also any part where England were on top, with the Barmy Army in full flow

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Oh please! Just 'cos the teams are up each others arses doesn't mean we have to be too. The current Australian team are the biggest bunch of arrogant, ignorant !!!!! that have ever played the beautiful game who have amazingly 'discovered' sportsmanship now they're getting spanked. I'm not fooled.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I know they are arrogant but I am quite sure they knew they were living on borrowed time and good for England to have a team that can play well.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Or everytime Lee delivers a 90 mile-an-hourer and Freddie just casually lifts his bat like he is brushing away a bad smell and sends the ball hurtling to the boundary rope.

the look on Lee's face each time makes me chuckle. he looks like a bully who is finally being sorted out by the new kids on the block

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton TID said:

the look on Lee's face each time makes me chuckle. he looks like a bully who is finally being sorted out by the new kids on the block

I can't agree with that. Lee is one of the few Aussies - Warne is another - who is actually playing to his career form. And exceeding it with the bat, despite being battered by the quickest England attack for years.

His bowling spell at Trent Bridge on Sunday was one of the best I've ever seen.

But that's what's so great. They're very good - but we're outplaying them.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I suddenly have the urge to find an Aussie cricketing messageboard and have a larf....

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I had a look earlier, and couldn't find a suitable board. If you find one, please share. :D

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
What's with all our girls fancying Warne? Don't any of our boys do it for you?

What's wrong with Flintoff, or Harmison, or Simon Jones, say? And these guys are WINNERS

Isn't that sexy?

Warne is just an aging, fat has-been trying all he can to make up for Australia's failing top order.

Skilled he may be, but don't make him a sex symbol too. Besides, he's a LOSER

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I've found 3 or 4 but they're tiny with only a few hundred members. Where's the BIG one they MUST have?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Bluejuice said:
What's with all our girls fancying Warne? Don't any of our boys do it for you?

What's wrong with Flintoff, or Harmison, or Simon Jones, say? And these guys are WINNERS

Isn't that sexy?

Warne is just an aging, fat has-been trying all he can to make up for Australia's failing top order.

Skilled he may be, but don't make him a sex symbol too. Besides, he's a LOSER

Most of the England players are well do-able - especially Jones, but theres something about Warne that i cant put my finger on, maybe its the bad-boy image....

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I've just found this on the bbc site...

Whingeing Matilda
Whingeing Matilda
You'll come a whingeing Matilda with me
and he whinged as he watched and waited till his wicket fell
You'll come a-whingein' Matilda with me

:lolol:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Most of the England players are well do-able - especially Jones, but theres something about Warne that i cant put my finger on, maybe its the bad-boy image....

Which Jones? The smouldering vest-man or the little Chipmonk?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Hungry Joe said:
Which Jones? The smouldering vest-man or the little Chipmonk?

Mmmmmmmm smouldering vest man........... *daydreams*

oh yes..... little chipmunk.... well i wouldnt say no if he asked politely, then took me shopping :D

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It's been a great series so far but my favourite moment has to be when Warne stepped back onto his own wicket. :lolol: :lolol:

Come on BAG, Flintoff is lovely.

Stumpy Tim

Yorkie said:
It's been a great series so far but my favourite moment has to be when Warne stepped back onto his own wicket. :lolol: :lolol:

I had this discussion with Italia a couple of days ago and we agreed with Yorkie. That was quality!

My favourite theme of the Ashes has been the way Warne & Lee have taught their colleagues how to take defeat on the chin, and their well-natured battle with a couple of Englishmen. My opinion of the two of them has shot up in the past few weeks. They've been awesome with the ball, and plucky with the bat. The compeition they've had with Flintoff & Pieterson has been marvellous to watch.

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Hungry Joe said:
By far the best moment yet was seeing Ponting getting his ugly little whining face split open. Anything since then is a bonus.

Every picture of him since with that scar on his face makes me laugh. He must be sooo pissed off.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Stumpy Tim said:
I had this discussion with Italia a couple of days ago and we agreed with Yorkie. That was quality!

My favourite theme of the Ashes has been the way Warne & Lee have taught their colleagues how to take defeat on the chin, and their well-natured battle with a couple of Englishmen. My opinion of the two of them has shot up in the past few weeks. They've been awesome with the ball, and plucky with the bat. The compeition they've had with Flintoff & Pieterson has been marvellous to watch.
Totally agree. Lee and Warne have been very gracious in defeat and are probably the two who least deserve to be in the team currently behind 2-1.
Ponting's rant was quality though. He and Martyn take a risky single to short mid wicket when the ball was played straight to the sub's feet - and then chose to blame England instead of his own blatent mistake. Gimp. If you're going to make such (valid) points, do so *after* the game and not when you've just been run out!

As for the last match at the Oval, I'll be shitting it if McGrath comes in and Jones fails his fitness test. Bell had better find some form, because I've got a feeling we won't be able to carry too many passengers this time in the top order this time round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports