Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is that thing on the horizon...

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Not such an eyesore. The awful carbuncle of the West Pier, in full view on the promenade, serving no purpose. That's something to moan about...if you really need to!

Well...I was being just a little sarcastic. The wind turbines have no negative impact on the view whatsoever.

I also like the West Pier!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Looks a bit straight and pointy , suprised the council gave it the go ahead , must have doubled up on the old article 106 contributions:whistle:

What is going up on the Downs?
A massive access road is cutting across north of Worthing/Shoreham.
Does it all link up with the similar road north of Bognor/Littlehampton?

I have no clue what you're blathering on about.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have no clue what you're blathering on about.
If you go North/South across the Downs at Hill Barn, Steyning Bostal, Lancing or the cement works, there's a 'road' being built East/West.
The same is going on north of Yapton.

Surely it can't be an actual road cutting through the Downs in spitting distance from the A27.

With you saying it should be 'on the Downs' I put 2 & 2 together thought that was another energy 'project' you knew about.
I guess instead I made 5.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
TheRig_1834.jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
get rid I say
I'v just bought a warehouse full of candles anyone want to buy some :)

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Yeah, can't wait to have a similar seascape to Margate and Great Yarmouth.
.......and for those who haven't had the privilege, it looks crap!

Yeah, can't wait to have a similar seascape to Margate and Great Yarmouth.
.......and for those who haven't had the privilege, it looks crap!

They said this about electricity pylons, can't say I even notice them myself.

And they should be built on the Downs.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
If you go North/South across the Downs at Hill Barn, Steyning Bostal, Lancing or the cement works, there's a 'road' being built East/West.
The same is going on north of Yapton.

Surely it can't be an actual road cutting through the Downs in spitting distance from the A27.

With you saying it should be 'on the Downs' I put 2 & 2 together thought that was another energy 'project' you knew about.
I guess instead I made 5.

2+2=5 is as good as it gets. Without Public Consultation it is hard for Joe Public to know what is happening. Today whilst attempting to run up Truleigh Hill I noticed they are building a service centre or house (?) next to this dug up chalk motorway. I think they are digging in cables that will, hopefully, then be covered up again. They are leading to the Royal Oak in Twineham where there is an electric sub station. This Is planned to be the centre of the NEW TOWN built by Mayfields stretching from Henfield to the A23.
You didn't think the South Downs National Park had anything to do with conservation did you?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think these turbines look great in a majestic peaceful hypnotic kind of way. I really like those huge forests of them you get on the continent.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I think these turbines look great in a majestic peaceful hypnotic kind of way. I really like those huge forests of them you get on the continent.

This. Absolutely.

And Solar farms are equally impressive.

But hey, why bother with these when you can put your money into fracking?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
2+2=5 is as good as it gets. Without Public Consultation it is hard for Joe Public to know what is happening. Today whilst attempting to run up Truleigh Hill I noticed they are building a service centre or house (?) next to this dug up chalk motorway. I think they are digging in cables that will, hopefully, then be covered up again.

Yep...

Work is also beginning onshore on the first of 12 cabling stages to the south of Upper Brighton Road, Worthing.

Onshore, access points will be constructed along the cable route.

This will be followed by trenching works to lay the ducting for the cables which will cross the national park and link to a substation in Twineham.

From: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-34248152

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's like most things. We'll get used to it. Ultimately it's a sustainable source of energy. And it is a long way out to sea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here