Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is so good about the UK

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
I left ten years ago to move to Spain.
I love it here and haven't been back to the UK once.
If I miss one thing it is the footy.
Sky Sports gives me my fix.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
I come home every 3 years or so to see mates and nostalgia and real beer and footie.

Love being a tourist in my own country, but hate seeing my buddies struggling to pay for their groceries whilst having to fork out extortionate taxes for basic amenities, while the comfortable classes look on and fiddle theirs.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Albion are in the play-offs, just had a baby, cricket season has started live 100k's from nearest shop. Homesick! What is so good about the UK that I want to come home after 2 years of being away?

Rain, busy people rushing everywhere, rain, no-one speaking to you at random, rain and chavs.

Oh, sorry. You wanted reasons to move there.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
what is so good about the UK?

crap loads of creatures either dont want to or lack the ability to kill you.

i love the fact that as someone who is terrified of bugs i am confident one day i will conquer my fear of woodlice.

oh and bovril

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Apart from the football the only thing I really miss is the history, we used to be National Trust junkies back in England.
We find ourselves huddling round the TV to watch the Antiques Roadshow now and anything broadcast from the UK from old buildings etc.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Rain, busy people rushing everywhere, rain, no-one speaking to you at random, rain and chavs.

Oh, sorry. You wanted reasons to move there.

you forgot the wind.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I could murder for a dirty kebab right now. That spinning grease and fat ridden elephant's leg. Delicious.

..and I live in the city where it was invented :thumbsup:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
There is nowhere better than Sussex to live; the downs, wacky Brighton, West Wittering beach, Lewes, Chichester, Alfriston, the climate....and the best place to have a meal, that no-one knows of, with the greatest vista....Shoreham Airport!
You missed Mid Sussex Bluebell Railway ,nymans gardens, Sheffield park Wakehurst , Ashdown Forrest, poo bridge?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here