Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is more important to you: fan affordability or reaching Premier League?

What is more important?

• Funding assault on Premier League

Votes: 54 28.7%
  • Keeping it affordable for all

Votes: 134 71.3%

• Total voters

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Premier League. Hopefully, with the riches it brings, the Club can stop milking us when we get there.

Do some of you really think Tony Bloom should keep funding £8 million losses per season? We should all be gratefull that he has funded Falmer - and not expect even more!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes, but it's not all about you, or other fans like me who have supported the Albion for 35+ years. The club must play at the highest possible level to maximise revenues from fans of all types, including butterflies. The butterflies would fly away if we followed your plan.

It is not about me in the slightest, I live on the other side of the world and have been to two games at the Amex. I will continue to buy my kids kits and stuff from the shop no matter what. I will also get to watch more games when we get to the Premier League.

It is however all about fans like you and the rest of us who protested, wrote letters etc etc. You are more important than a few butterflies (like the ideas :)) flying away and the club needs to make sure they don't price people like you out of the games because you will not fly away when the going gets tough, you are worth 100 butterflies when the chips are down. And lets face facts here there are going to me more lean times at some point.

I also believe that the club can be run for the fans and achieve success in the Premier League.

There needs to be a change in the culture of football, it would make me very proud for us to be that change. Prouder than making it to the Premier League in truth.

Better to be a well run affordable Championship club than a poorly run Premiership club with a stadium full of butterflies (although I don't see why we can't do both!).

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You'll see how much less enjoyable a half empty AMEX is when Newport County come to town.

I've seen several games in a half empty Amex having gone to friendlies, internationals and Sussex Senior cup games. I enjoyed all of them.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I've seen several games in a half empty Amex having gone to friendlies, internationals and Sussex Senior cup games. I enjoyed all of them.

Me too.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It is not about me in the slightest, I live on the other side of the world and have been to two games at the Amex. I will continue to buy my kids kits and stuff from the shop no matter what. I will also get to watch more games when we get to the Premier League.

It is however all about fans like you and the rest of us who protested, wrote letters etc etc. You are more important than a few butterflies (like the ideas :)) flying away and the club needs to make sure they don't price people like you out of the games because you will not fly away when the going gets tough, you are worth 100 butterflies when the chips are down. And lets face facts here there are going to me more lean times at some point.

I also believe that the club can be run for the fans and achieve success in the Premier League.

There needs to be a change in the culture of football, it would make me very proud for us to be that change. Prouder than making it to the Premier League in truth.

Better to be a well run affordable Championship club than a poorly run Premiership club with a stadium full of butterflies (although I don't see why we can't do both!).

That all is very sensible but there just aren't enough core fans to sustain a full Amex, at least not yet IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here