Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What is it about Kay Burley?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Up until Covid I was a Sky News addict. They were (and probably still are) the first to get a news crew at a scene. But KB's flaunting of the lockdown rules, along with Beth Rigby, means I've not watched that channel again. The BBC are truly cutting things to the bone with their news channel and, where as it may be truthfull and accurate, it is not always on time. Not got into GB News yet.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I hate to say it, but I quite like her. She does ask questions of politicians, which the BBC seems utterly incapable of doing. Sky is my go-to channel for news these days to be honest.
Yeah she's brilliant. :rolleyes:

Though I take your point that when it comes to Conservative politicians, she doesn't suck up to them like Laura Kuensberg.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
It is a turn of speech. Not necessarily related to odour at all - but however much she may in real life pong to high heaven, the stench will never match that of Mrs. Brown's Boys! Fact.
Are you being serious or am I being whooshed?

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
She’s a complete ghoul. I remember her covering the Glasgow bin lorry accident and most memorable was her trying to interview a traumatised wee girl and asking visibly upset people if they’d seen the woman with the pram getting run over. Hated her since that.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Bitch Slap Slapping GIF
L2dpcGh5LmdpZg.gif

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not for me, Clive. But then I haven't watched Breakfast TV for about 20 years – apart from the clips that go 'viral'. Usually because someone (normally the interviewer) is being particularly dreadful!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Don't watch Sky News, never seen her in action, problem solved.

I'm far too busy listening to Today on Radio 4 in the morning......

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
🤮

Stumpy Tim

Yeah she's brilliant. :rolleyes:

Though I take your point that when it comes to Conservative politicians, she doesn't suck up to them like Laura Kuensberg.

I've never said she's "brilliant" and it's always easy to find example of where someone isn't brilliant. But compared to the crap on BBC Breakfast for example, she's pretty good. I certainly don't feel like she gives either side an easy time, and doesn't skip issues when they need to be asked. Laura Kuenssberg has made a career by peddling exactly what Dominic Cummins told her to say - Kay Burley is streets ahead

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
There's some woman Nadine Dorries on GB News I stumbled across, she seems a bit out there...
I've never said she's "brilliant" and it's always easy to find example of where someone isn't brilliant. But compared to the crap on BBC Breakfast for example, she's pretty good. I certainly don't feel like she gives either side an easy time, and doesn't skip issues when they need to be asked. Laura Kuenssberg has made a career by peddling exactly what Dominic Cummins told her to say - Kay Burley is streets ahead
Exactly. She gives them all an equally hard time. In stark contrast to most other presenters

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Euronews is pretty good. They generally just report the news rather than try and make it!

Was gutted when the gorgeous Rosie Wright - who used to host Good Morning Europe - left to join GB News!! Just discovered she’s left there and is now on Times Radio - which I know nothing about!
Likewise. Haven’t seen her since she left Euronews and won’t be hearing from her either, as Times Radio is (I believe) yet another Murdoch platform.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Quite. I find BBC Breakfast unwatchable. There’s hardly any actual news. Lots of twaddle about Strictly, Happy Valley or whatever BBC product they’re under instruction to peddle. Alternatively it’s always a worthy soul doing something for charity like walking from Land’s End to John O’Groats disguised as a hippo or something. Laudable but not news.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here