Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is Harder?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Getting promoted means that you have to be better than around 10 or 12 pretty good teams

Avoiding relegation means you have to be better than 3 pretty crap teams

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
1 - Promotion to the Premier League from The Championship.

2 - Surviving Relegation from the Premier League to The Championship.

Having a debate at work, is the task of surviving this season more difficult than the feat of promotion which we achieved last year?

I think staying in the ground for 90 minutes to support the lads is a bridge to far for some JCLs.
Bunch of *****tains.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Getting up

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Looking at how teams struggle to do so, it must be......bit of simple research here showing only 6 out of 30 relegated teams have been automatically promoted in the last 10 seasons
Which means that getting promoted the first time is harder. 2/24 teams are automatically promoted. That's 8.3%. 6/30 relegated teams have be been automatically promoted, that's 20%. So a larger proportion of relegated teams are automatically promoted straight back up.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Which means that getting promoted the first time is harder. 2/24 teams are automatically promoted. That's 8.3%. 6/30 relegated teams have be been automatically promoted, that's 20%. So a larger proportion of relegated teams are automatically promoted straight back up.

Winning automatic promotion is much harder and more of an achievement than finishing 17th in the Premier League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here