Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] What is best ? A long breakfast, a long lunch or a long dinner?

What is the best?

• Breakfast

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Lunch

Votes: 39 57.4%
  • Dinner

Votes: 17 25.0%

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Best part of going away is the 'all you can eat' Premier Inn breakfast. Pint of juice, 2 coffees, toast and 3 sausages, 3 bacon, 2 hash browns, scrambled eggs and beans (there's a subject, beans for breakfast?). Downside is I have to make two stops later in the day to, err, well you know.
Long lunch would be a pub lunch so afternoon nap required.
But living in Spain previously, we'd go out at 4:00 and sit around for a meal for hours. Even now when we go out my first words to any waitress/waiter is 'we're in no rush'. I hate main courses arriving just as they clear the plates away for starters. In fact I tend to order warm breads, olives and oils first without giving my main order so they go slowly.
We went to Spain for a week a few years ago. Breakfast was served from 7am to midday, so we'd amble down slowly around 9.30 and eat heartily, as there was loads of choice. We didn't eat again until the evening as we just didn't feel hungry. It was the first holiday where I actually lost a couple of llbs instead of putting weight on, even with drinking in the evening.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Although l don't indulge nearly often enough, a nice long leisurely lunch is defo the way to go, especially when taken on holiday in foreign climes.

Sitting outside a Greek taverna for a, couple of hours, indulging in the local food and wikne, (something l do every year), is an absolute delight, then when suitably fed and watered, sleeping it off with a long siesta afterwards.

What's not to like?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
A leisurely breakfast at the weekend or on holiday is the way to go.

Sets you up for the day.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Definitely lunch. Country boozer or a city wine bar in the Winter or a seaside restaurant on a warm, sunny day……….

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just graze constantly all day long :thumbsup:

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
Best part of going away is the 'all you can eat' Premier Inn breakfast. Pint of juice, 2 coffees, toast and 3 sausages, 3 bacon, 2 hash browns, scrambled eggs and beans (there's a subject, beans for breakfast?). Downside is I have to make two stops later in the day to, err, well you know.
Long lunch would be a pub lunch so afternoon nap required.
But living in Spain previously, we'd go out at 4:00 and sit around for a meal for hours. Even now when we go out my first words to any waitress/waiter is 'we're in no rush'. I hate main courses arriving just as they clear the plates away for starters. In fact I tend to order warm breads, olives and oils first without giving my main order so they go slowly.
I never seem to get that starter mains problem wherever I go I always seem to have to Gee them a bit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here