What impact has there been on Falmer Village?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I've SEEN the bats that live in Falmer. They are all next to the old barn at the far end of the village, nowhere near the stadium. And they still seem to be enjoying life, undisturbed by footballers.

Apart from THAT Ulloa penalty.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think they are raking it in, charging for parking on match days. Certain cure for NIMBYISM. Also M. Perry reported that on speaking to them to get their views on the building of an Hotel, they hoped it wouldn't spoil their view of the Stadium.

Crikey, that made me laugh! Then it made me feel very bitter.

The thing about due process is that it attracts certain types who end up defining it. If there is a due process then you can bet that there will be people who insist on pursuing it. All the way to bats. I could give numerous examples from my workplace experience, but it would cause far too much anguish :shootself

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
A work colleague is a Woodingdean resident, who hates it, purely for traffic snarl up reasons.

But surely they are delighted by the improvement to the downs hotel junction that was only completed as a result of the stadium being built.

Pain once every 2 weeks, saved 30 mins every work day I would suggest.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Carbuncle? It's an award winning campus, especially the early buildings designed by the great Basil Spence (architect of Coventry Cathedral). Winner of a Civic Trust award and medals of the Royal Institute of British Architects. A couple of Grade One listed buildings, too. The only 20th century Grade One listed buildings in Brighton.

I'm not sure I'd want Coventry Cathedral on my CV. Or Knightsbridge Barracks.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Carbuncle? It's an award winning campus, especially the early buildings designed by the great Basil Spence (architect of Coventry Cathedral). Winner of a Civic Trust award and medals of the Royal Institute of British Architects. A couple of Grade One listed buildings, too. The only 20th century Grade One listed buildings in Brighton.

I lived next to the cathedral for a year ....... It's hideous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports