Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What if Hyypia, Jones, Barber AND Burke have all gone by New Year's Day?

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Why would bloom get rid of barber who do u think does his donkey work for him when he's not there, he's reduced our fixed costs by millions and kept in the financial fair play rules and is a very hard negotiator no doubt. He's going nowhere

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Why would bloom get rid of barber who do u think does his donkey work for him when he's not there, he's reduced our fixed costs by millions and kept in the financial fair play rules and is a very hard negotiator no doubt. He's going nowhere

Out of interest, why do you think that Poyet is no longer managing us?

This seems to be what NSC fans would like to see happen.

If it did, and all four go, who could be trusted to advise Tony Bloom and help him make the right decisions?

It wouldn't matter a toss. Plenty of people on here could do a better job than all of them.

So they say.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Are you expecting him to fly to the East coast of North America from Australia to meet you on your arrival? If not, you'll have to walk across the US and then swim most of the way across the Pacific too in order to meet him. If you want to catch him before he returns from Oz, I'd set out soon - perhaps tomorrow? :thumbsup:

If you do swim across the North Atlantic you'll be nowhere near Australia. I'd check on your geography before attempting such a feat.

Good points both and well made. Still, if that's what it takes I'll squeeze into the old budgie-smuggling Speedos right now.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Barber is Tony Bloom's gopher , the others are expendable.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Barber would be replaced with another Barber type. Better the devil you know, I say.

Wouldn't surprise me if Burke went in the Summer now that the Academy had been setup and his role to be split between two people.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Barber is unlikely to go, it does seem a lot like he's filling the parameters given to him by Bloom perfectly well.

Jones will entirely depend on who comes in as manager and whether or not he has his staff he wants to bring with him.

Burke is, as others have said, the one who needs to be careful. I'm not convinced it'd be a good time for him to go just before the transfer window, and doing it during the transfer window is potential suicide, but if I were him I think I'd be more nervous between February and the end of April in his shoes.

Seems to sum things up completely.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Gordon Smith did of course apply for the job in 2012. He has a strong football administration record, was widely liked in the game, loved the Albion and would have been welcomed by supporters.

Yep. Until he started work, getting to grips with overspending, cutting the wage bill, and trying to build revenues. Then they'd have decided they hated him, as they would anyone performing the role.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The concern I have is that by the time we make an appointment the new manager won't have time to assess the squad or to determine who he wants us to buy.
Burke and his team will have to bring players in to try and dig our way out of the shit and the whole sordid cycle will start all over again.
At 2-1 the bookies' odds on relegation look quite attractive :nono:

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Were would Barber get a contract to match the one he is on.....
It's a shame they penny pinch on players (Grabban) whilst offering a suit a contract like this.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Barbers job is not to be popular with the fans he's there to help Tb keep a tight rein on everything it maybe far too tight for some and results in rancour and resentment with those affected but that's his job,it's what he's paid to do, every club needs a Rottweiler Martin perry was dick knights, Tb has barber. End of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here