Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What have Palace done with their money?

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
All of the 120 million pounds should be used to pay the poor b*stards whose livelihoods were brought to their knees at best by Palaces' 2 previous administrations. That wouldn't leave 'em much now would it?

So instead of blowing the dosh on hair-gel and Lambos, CPFC2010 should pay millions to Simon Jordan. Who of course will spend it on ....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Parachute payments for teams relegated at the end of this season will be £23million in the first year, £18million in the second and £9million in years three and four. It would mean a possible total of £59million over four years compared to the maximum now of £48million.

OK fair enough. A 7million rise in year 1 payments.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not by the club it hasn't. Do you not think that Bloom might - quite understandably - look to recoup some of his huge investment if you made it to the obscene money pot that is the Premier league?

Tony has said many times that he doesn't anticipate getting his investment back.

It would surely be very odd to push for the premier league, and then once we get there want repayment in years 1 or 2 when the key is investment in the team to stay there.

I'd suggest repayment to Tony is a gradual process further down the line if we get established in that league.

That clearly won't make happy reading for those with a palace agenda of running down our prospects.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Not by the club it hasn't. Do you not think that Bloom might - quite understandably - look to recoup some of his huge investment if you made it to the obscene money pot that is the Premier league?

Tony Bloom IS the club.

In the same way that we know very little about the workings of Palace-you people are simply clueless about our situation. That isn't an insult but there isn't a single Palace fan who knows what they are talking about when it comes to ownership of the Albion and/or The Amex. We know that you are desperate for us to be facing uncertainty but the truth is-we aren't.

He has always stated, on many occasions, that if the club is not in a position to pay him back by 2025 I think it is, then he will simply convert the debt into shares. Of course if we go up and there is a pile of money available I'm sure he'll take some back-and rightly so. The things that all non-Brighton commentators on here and elsewhere forget are the most important things about Tony Bloom: he is very wealthy and is a life long Albion fan. He is a fan first, owner second. If taking money out of the club puts it in a weak position financially then he simply won't take any. He wouldn't have paid for the stadium himself, mortgage free, same with the new training academy, if he couldn't afford it. He can afford both, is clearly our biggest fan and has made it clear that a stable, financially secure Albion is his legacy to future generations-seems pretty clear to me. I know it irks Palace fans that that is our situation financially. Of course we want to be in the Premier League, that's where our owner wants us to be also but where we are in the pyramid has no influence on when Tony Bloom gets repaid-sorry to disappoint all of you Palace fans/trolls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here