Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Have BHA FC Fans Got To Complain About....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What Have BHA FC Fans Got To Complain About....

Well here is my list.

1: Letting Murray go.
2: Losing 3-1 at home to Palace.
3: Losing 2-0 at home to Palace.
4: Poyet pissing us about and possibly costing us promotion.
5: Letting Barnes go and not replacing him, this in my opinion may have cost us a decent chance of promotion.
6: Farting about close season and panic buying players close to dead line day.
7: Not replacing Ulloa with a decent replacement.
9: Boring football.
10: Still no sign of sporks.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

4. Utterly ridiculous. The idea that he would massively sabotage his own managerial career at such a vital point.

The rest of your list I agree with.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
4. Utterly ridiculous. The idea that he would massively sabotage his own managerial career at such a vital point.

The rest of your list I agree with.

Mr Mellotron we have been over this a thousand times on NSC, but here goes do you honestly think if as we beleive what we have heard he wanted to leave earlier in the season and was told to stay until the end of season his heart would be 100% in getting us promotion ? it has been said that someone turned up late which may have affected the team talk if one was given before the Palace game. Christ they did not look that interested or as motivated as they should have been his feelings as we know he wears on his sleeve for all to see and that would affect the players. So in my eyes he cost us a victory at least against Palace in the play off second leg. Just my thoughts I have no proof just ramblings

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Mr Mellotron we have been over this a thousand times on NSC, but here goes do you honestly think if as we beleive what we have heard he wanted to leave earlier in the season and was told to stay until the end of season his heart would be 100% in getting us promotion ? it has been said that someone turned up late which may have affected the team talk if one was given before the Palace game. Christ they did not look that interested or as motivated as they should have been his feelings as we know he wears on his sleeve for all to see and that would affect the players. So in my eyes he cost us a victory at least against Palace in the play off second leg. Just my thoughts I have no proof just ramblings

Those players would've wanted to win that game for themselves, regardless of manager's actions. Again, I ask where does the 12-game unbeaten run fit into your conspiracy theory, as from where I'm sitting it completely blows it out of the water. After Poyet's bust up with Barber, we were absolutely superb.

Also, we WEREN'T shit in that second leg. It was incredibly fine margins. Ashley Barnes very, very nearly scored with his first two touches. But for a fingertip and a crossbar we could've won.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Again we are competing on an uneven footing, (like we were at Withdean where Championship football was what was expected by some) we are still competing against teams in our division who are better financed than us and despite some of the highest finishes in our clubs history recently, this is what is now yielding the weight of expectation which will be very hard to meet.

This is why there is less patience for a new manager to impliment his style of play and for it to have time to work (like Gus had at Withdean) because instant results are demanded by some because of the fear of losing our fans. There as been this air of negativity over the whole summer and into the season, with attack after attack on the club, it's personel and so on but a lot of it is unjustified.

We also competing against teams with less resources than us who are doing better than us.

I think there's less patience for the manager to implement his new style of play because:
there was nothing wrong with the old style of play (we over-achieved with it)
our existing players and the new signings seem completely unsuited to our new style of play.

we have a squad of players suited a to a style that has proven to be successful. On the other hand we have a manager who is at best unproven and inexperienced, the question why should we be that patient while three-four years of good work risks being undone?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Those players would've wanted to win that game for themselves, regardless of manager's actions. Again, I ask where does the 12-game unbeaten run fit into your conspiracy theory, as from where I'm sitting it completely blows it out of the water. After Poyet's bust up with Barber, we were absolutely superb.

Also, we WEREN'T shit in that second leg. It was incredibly fine margins. Ashley Barnes very, very nearly scored with his first two touches. But for a fingertip and a crossbar we could've won.

valid points Mellotron, but what about the alleged team talk incident ? that surely would affect a players input into a game.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The Withdean effect mark II.

We were over achieving at Withdean but what we did wasn't seen as good enough as expectations rose on the back of our success (back to back promotions) Now we have overachieved in terms of back to back play-off failures and now that has become the expected and anything less is deemed failure.

Again we are competing on an uneven footing, (like we were at Withdean where Championship football was what was expected by some) we are still competing against teams in our division who are better financed than us and despite some of the highest finishes in our clubs history recently, this is what is now yielding the weight of expectation which will be very hard to meet.

This is why there is less patience for a new manager to impliment his style of play and for it to have time to work (like Gus had at Withdean) because instant results are demanded by some because of the fear of losing our fans. There as been this air of negativity over the whole summer and into the season, with attack after attack on the club, it's personel and so on but a lot of it is unjustified.

A negative mindset just makes it harder to succeed, and clubs with off the field fan grumblings and negativity tend to struggle (Cardiff in the PL, Blackburn, etc....) as this transmits to the pitch and effects results. We have some at present who wiil use just about anything the club does and even things they don't do as tools to beat the club with and they (the club) are in a no win situation.

This negativity spreads to other fans and it ends up putting people off going. If you start from a negative place, things seem worse than they usually are, so now good results and performances are deemed rubbish and boring to watch but if the same match with the same action had been played with us near the top of the table, then it would have been deemed exciting and enjoyable. the only thing that has changed is the mindset of the fan before the match started (I don't know why i bother because we never win, i won't get behind the team because we won't win, etc and the atmosphere suffers and the team suffers. One of the positive thingsfrom recent seasons is how much the fans have been behind the team (remember at Withdean when the players came over to the bench for drinks during a stoppage and the fans burst into spontanious applause to encourage the team on) nowadays we get people booing players and cheering loudly when they are subbed (despite having a reasonable game) so why would the player(s) feel like giving that little bit extra if they don't feel wanted

If you, in your day to day job were left to feel like sh~t by those who supposedly matter to you in your work environment would you do your best or lose motivation? If you were trying to do your best and it was met by constant criticism, would you continue to try hard or just go through the motions until you could move elsewhere?

The tream is struggling, and this is where they really need the fans behind them to help lift them and inspire them on to achieve better results

So it's the fans fault!? What utter, utter nonsense.

Player recruitment reached a new low in the summer. Sami's naive tactics have resulted in p1ss-poor defending (full-backs too advanced), and the cutting-edge of a jelly upfront (just what are Sami and the strikers doing to improve their scoring rate?).

As a result, we are dangerously close to the relegation zone, with very few signs of improvement on the pitch, and a tough fixture list up to Jan.

And you blame the fans, many of which are drifting away, and this trend will continue without major surgery at the top of the club (P45's for Sami and Burke).

Do I need to remind you that NSC is NOT representative of our mainly fickle (like most clubs) fanbase?

Wake up.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
valid points Mellotron, but what about the alleged team talk incident ? that surely would affect a players input into a game.

Elaborate? Him being very late to the 2nd leg WAS poor if true.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well here is my list.

1: Letting Murray go.
2: Losing 3-1 at home to Palace.
3: Losing 2-0 at home to Palace.
5: Letting Barnes go and not replacing him, this in my opinion may have cost us a decent chance of promotion.
6: Farting about close season and panic buying players close to dead line day.
7: Not replacing Ulloa with a decent replacement.
9: Boring football.
10: Still no sign of sporks.

Thats my list too. And number 11. Why have other target men gone on loan including Murray again and we havent been in for them?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So it's the fans fault!? What utter, utter nonsense.

Player recruitment reached a new low in the summer. Sami's naive tactics have resulted in p1ss-poor defending (full-backs too advanced), and the cutting-edge of a jelly upfront (just what are Sami and the strikers doing to improve their scoring rate?).

As a result, we are dangerously close to the relegation zone, with very few signs of improvement on the pitch, and a tough fixture list up to Jan.

And you blame the fans, many of which are drifting away, and this trend will continue without major surgery at the top of the club (P45's for Sami and Burke).

Do I need to remind you that NSC is NOT representative of our mainly fickle (like most clubs) fanbase?

Wake up.

POST OF THE DAY :bowdown:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The team is a bit crap at the moment, that's about all there is too moan about in my view.

Still that is part of being a fan, watching crap, and we've all seen our fair share over the years and I see no real reason to get really upset about it right now. I see our form as something to be endured at the moment, hopefully things will come right in the end. At least Sami has changed his tactics at last and he seems to be agitating for new players so maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

I still enjoy going to the football, even if I am not overly enjoying what I am watching at the moment. As GF so eloquently put it, it's at times like these that the team need support and I am happy to give it.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Thats my list too. And number 11. Why have other target men gone on loan including Murray again and we havent been in for them?

How do you know that we didn't make offers for all of the target players that have gone on loan? I heard that we DID make an offer to Murray but The Scum wanted us to pay his £26k a week wages which we didn't want to do. As wonderful as it would be to have him back and scoring goals (possibly) I think the club are right to not break their wage structure for any player, let alone a loan one.

If there are senior players in our squad that are on, say, £13k pw and all of a sudden a loan player comes in on double that, how long do you think it'll take before they are knocking on the managers door asking for a payrise?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I only have the one complaint. The playing side of the club appears to have been neglected since Poyet was shown the door.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
The team is a bit crap at the moment, that's about all there is too moan about in my view.

Still that is part of being a fan, watching crap, and we've all seen our fair share over the years and I see no real reason to get really upset about it right now. I see our form as something to be endured at the moment, hopefully things will come right in the end. At least Sami has changed his tactics at last and he seems to be agitating for new players so maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

I still enjoy going to the football, even if I am not overly enjoying what I am watching at the moment. As GF so eloquently put it, it's at times like these that the team need support and I am happy to give it.

Exactly this. We can all see that we aren't as good as we have been recently but things will not stay like this forever. It is the poor times (and they really aren't that poor at the moment in the grand scheme of things) that make the good times even more sweeter.

Supporting your Football club isn't about enjoying the good times and then losing interest or demanding that Mr X, Y or Z is sacked when we don't win a few games. It is about being there for it all and supporting the team no matter what the result is.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Exactly this. We can all see that we aren't as good as we have been recently but things will not stay like this forever. It is the poor times (and they really aren't that poor at the moment in the grand scheme of things) that make the good times even more sweeter.

Supporting your Football club isn't about enjoying the good times and then losing interest or demanding that Mr X, Y or Z is sacked when we don't win a few games. It is about being there for it all and supporting the team no matter what the result is.

Yup! Spot On.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

You know that. I know that. But do the 20,000 or so new fans we have acquired know that? This is the problem.

And sometimes sackings are justified...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here