Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what has JoeyBarton got on Gary Lineker?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Another? You mean there's already been one? In the Guardian? :massivefacepalmsoharditslapsreallyreallyhardandmakesacomedynoise:

Yes. It was embarassing, 6 months or so ago. He was walking around the Tate viewing a Freud exihibition and being interviewed at the same time. He was full of crap about the art gallery and book reading being the real Joey Barton. We saw the real Joey Barton last Sunday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is that Jack Nitzsche, the legendary American musician, producer etc etc who worked with Phil Spector, the Rolling Stones and neil Young, among others? I didn't realise he had ever said anything that interesting.

Oh, probably not. It is spelt differently.

Nah , Friedruch the German philosopher.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Looked like Derry to me which would make sense - ex Palace, Pompey, Leeds, Notts County.

perhaps the FA could ask him the question...............................and if he declines to answer they could double whatever ban they finally settle on :thumbsup:

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Looked like Derry to me which would make sense - ex Palace, Pompey, Leeds, Notts County.

Whilst there are a few seconds where the camera is showing the back of Hughes' head, from what I can see Derry talks to the ref and then walks away from the ref and Barton. In fairness to Derry if ever there was a time to do that it was when he was sent off at Old Trafford surely?

We are of course assuming someone did say that to Barton.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Eh? Name a time when El Abd has "taken someone with him"?
I can barely remember the last time he got sent off. MK Dons wasn't it? On his own I am pretty sure.

I didnt mean at taking somebody with him. I meant at winding people up and getting them sent off. Footballers (pro) would literally do anything to gain a advantage.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
El-Abd is the biggest wind up merchant I've ever seen. Good defender but f*** playing against him, too short a fuse for all that non sense.

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Sad but football is slowly turning into one big soap opera. I've got an idea... let's not give the likes of Barton the attention he so desperately craves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here