Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What has happened to player songs?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
To be fair 'Anthony Knockaert' fits perfectly with 'Achy breaky heart', so it would have been almost criminal not to use it, regardless of whether Spurs or West Ham had already used it for a worse fitting name.

An arguably even better tune is the Bonnie Tyler classic. Imagine singing this to the opposition after he's worked his magic:

"Once upon a time there was light in your life
Now he's gone and torn you apart
There's nothing you can do
Totally eclipsed by Knockaert".

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
An arguably even better tune is the Bonnie Tyler classic. Imagine singing this to the opposition after he's worked his magic:

"Once upon a time there was light in your life
Now he's gone and torn you apart
There's nothing you can do
Totally eclipsed by Knockaert".

:bowdown:

A CAMP masterpiece.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Who's That Man From Argentina was a rip-off from United's song for Tevez so we can hardly claim that as an Albion original.

I think our current collection is fine enough, though I would like one for Stephens.

How about a bit of Haircut 100...?

"Fan-tast-ic Dale Stephens
He's a fan-taaaast-ic Daaaale"

:dunce:

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
What has happened to songs full stop.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
OASIS - Roll with it

He gotta goal with it,
His name's Beram Kayal,
You gotta pray where you lay,
He won't let anybody get in his way.
'Cause he's just too good for you to play.

You gotta stand aside,
He just won't be denied
We wanna be by the sea
With our top Israeli

I think I've got a feeling you've lost this time
I think you've gotta be on your way and hide
I think you think you want Beram on your side

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"Beram Kayal, whoa
Beram Kayal, whoa
He's from the Golan Heights
He thinks Palace are shite"

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
What about recycling the William Buckley (Heartbeat) song for Knocky???

Tony......
Ant-tony Knock-aert runs down the wing for me
da da dada da da dada.....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"He's the West Bank, he's the West Bank
He's the West Bank Brighton boy" ?

"His mate's Tomer Hemed
From the land where the Sea is Dead
Beram Kayal, whoa"

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
I always liked the spice song, I have updated it for the more recent players but I don't think it will go down well in the family stand!!!

Posh spice is a slapper,
She likes the taste of s***
& when she's sha**ing Beckham,
She thinks of Lewis Dunk

Posh spice is a slapper,
She only wears a thong
& when she's sh@gging beckham
She thinks of G........ Bong

Posh spice is a slapper
She loves the taste of c0ck
&....... Sam Baldock

Altogether now..cellery, celery, I'll tickle your.........:ffsparr:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I have no idea why the "Is-rae-li Men... Hallelujah!" (to the Weather Girls, it's raining men) has never stuck. Think that would be brilliant whenever BK or TM do something song-worthy.

....and I don't think the issue is about coming up with something good, it's about getting enough people onboard for the first few times its sung that everyone can actually hear it, understand what's being sung and join in next time.

I have said before and will say again.... We should have a "Songs" section to NSC where people can float ideas around and the preferred options be saved and available for people to see/learn/prepare for. Then, when used "in anger" on match days, they should be recorded and posted to youtube. Get the songs known and they will become popular. "Who's that Man?" and "He drinks Sangria" are certainly the only two (good) songs to have caught on in the Amex era so far (Although the 'Achy-Breaky' Knockaert song seems to be gathering pace).

Don't forget Bennett/Buckley runs down the wing for me

Kayal does have a song, which has been sung occasionally away from home.

Stockdale has a song, as does Calde.

The only attempt at a chant for Kayal I heard was at Forest, which was to the tune of Gold by Spandau Ballet, which was woeful and doesn't even fit it sync whatsoever

Who's That Man From Argentina was a rip-off from United's song for Tevez so we can hardly claim that as an Albion original.

I think our current collection is fine enough, though I would like one for Stephens.

Dale Stephens, wahhoooo, Dale Stephens, wahhooo, He's been here for so long, He hasn't got a song!

What about recycling the William Buckley (Heartbeat) song for Knocky???

Tony......
Ant-tony Knock-aert runs down the wing for me
da da dada da da dada.....
This was the original Knockaert chant which was sung on his debut and his first away game at Rotherham, a fair few people joined in but haven't heard it for a while

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't forget Bennett/Buckley runs down the wing for me

The only attempt at a chant for Kayal I heard was at Forest, which was to the tune of Gold by Spandau Ballet, which was woeful and doesn't even fit it sync whatsoever

Dale Stephens, wahhoooo, Dale Stephens, wahhooo, He's been here for so long, He hasn't got a song!

This was the original Knockaert chant which was sung on his debut and his first away game at Rotherham, a fair few people joined in but haven't heard it for a while

The Knockaert song 'runs down the wing for me' is still sung in the north stand, so he has two.

Kayal's song was to the carol Noel Noel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here