Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What has been your favourite Europa League match so far?

What has been your favourite Europa League match so far?

• Total voters

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I was only able to get to 2 matches due to illness and we won both of them - at home to Ajax and OM. But easily OM was better than the Ajax match for me - the OM fans with their constant singing and flares behaving like the perfect rent-a-stadium atmosphere crowd, our fans post-goal celebrations/Pedro - the almost anxious free feeling heading into the match we had already got through the Group and of course the match that won us the Group and avoided CL team playoffs - but both amazing first time experiences and both wins in front of a home crowd - but the OM match will be carved in memory.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
The tear gassing one 🤣

IMG_3120.png

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
There’s no wrong answer……just a ton of brilliant ones :smile:
Absolutely -it has been a fantastic journey so far and well done to all those incredible fans who made the away matches - last Thursday was brilliant and capped the whole experience. Long may it continue in the new Year.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
It would have been the father and son 48 hours in the Dam but the rain cancelled the canal trip and the little look round.

The three of us went to Athens and I only need 4 elements in my life
(In no particular order)
Good food
Good weather
Good company
An Albion win

There’s yer answer.

Oh I need good music as well, however the Athens Booze Cooperativa took good care of that on the Friday

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
The 2-0 win against Ajax was the most enjoyable and most important result for me. Securing our first win in Europe and putting us in a position to qualify gave us all a lot of belief. I couldn’t believe how easy it was to beat them though. If we’d have really gone for it in the second half we could’ve scored 4 or 5.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Every single game was notable...

AEK (h) - first European fixture
Marseille (a) - first European point
Ajax (h) - first European win
Ajax (a) - first European away win
AEK (a) - qualifying for European knockout stages
Marseille (h) - winning a European group

I've felt quite emotional at all five I was fortunate enough to attend - still kicking myself for handing my AEK ticket back on the Monday before the game - it's been a remarkable experience, with more to come!
Some posts deserve to be laminated and kept handy just in case. This is one of those.

Brighton1959

Oct 26, 2021
Marseilles away mainly because I went - but unbelievable atmosphere at the Velodrome , Pedro scoring a penalty under incredible pressure. Plus I’ve almost forgotten about the 3 hours to get out of the ground.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Definitely last Thursday as I’ve only attended the home games

After that group is there any destination now anyone would still be hesitant about visiting? All the rumours of violence proved to be just that bar a few minor scuffles. Most of us have witnessed a lot worse in the domestic leagues over the years. Italy and Turkey could be risky although I can’t imagine any of them would care to much about Albion fans.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Difficult to choose I was lucky to have attended 5 out the 6 games and each one different

AEK at home was great as it was the first game in Europe, historic even if the result was disappointing
Marseille away was amazing, to come back in that atmosphere was something special and the noise was deafening
Ajax at home, our first win in Europe fantastic performance and result
Ajax away spending time with friends in a foreign land then going to watch the team beat Ajax in such a fantastic stadium.
AEK away watched at home, behind a cushion for most of the game as I really don’t like watching on TV, but we qualified for the knockout stages.
Marseille at home, wow! top of the league and I watched and shared the experience with my daughter so for that reason alone this is my favourite. When that goal went in we went nuts.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ajax away.

I only had enough leave and money to do one away, I gambled on Amsterdam and had enough points to be in T1 by about 10 or so.

Getting on the Eurostar, going to the bar and finding it full of Albion I knew, finding an incredible Nepalese restaurant, getting wasted in a coffee shop and Irish bar, going to a comedy show full of on and off pitch Albion legends, drinking in Dam Square in a monsoon, going to the best ground I’ve ever been in, easily beating a club with the European rep of Ajax and singing old school Withdean songs led by the WAB boys on the train back to Centraal - and that was basically 36 hours.

Literally better than my wildest dreams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here