Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What has been the most frustrating home draw against a shit team this season (thus far)?

What has been the most frustrating home draw against a shit team this season (thus far)?

• Total voters

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
How far we’ve come when pretty well all of us are thinking “we should be beating teams like…..”

Anyone remember how much that used to wind us up when coming from other teams fans? :lolol:

For me it was Sheffield United, they were the most shit team on the day they drew with us

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
No complaints about yesterday's game.

Everton definitely didn't time-waste to the extent Fulham and Sheffield United did.
Their attempts on goal were far more dangerous than ours, and felt a draw was the right result.

I actually agreed with Dyche's comments about the length of additional time.
Expected 6 minutes or less.

Fulham i found the most frustrating.
Horrible amount of time-wasting and then the man who should have been sent off , equalising

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not sure why Everton is even in this conversation. Dyche has got our number and Everton had one cleared off the line and the one where they blazed over when well set.

If anything, going a man down and then equalising at the death in the face of blatant unpunished time wasting shit-housery was absolutely DELICIOUS.

So it's Sheff Utd for me. We should have been out of sight before the sending off in that one. Plus they are absolute wank, which is why we scored TEN in 2 games at theirs.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Burnley.

We managed three points from these four home games this season :ffsparr:

View attachment 177264
View attachment 177265
View attachment 177266
View attachment 177267
The above shows we have an on target to shot percentage of 40% 38% 39% 30% in those games.
Opposition 50% pretty much.
Considering the possession we don't shoot often enough and when we do it's quite often wide of the goal. We would need quite a few more shots in each game to reach the oppositions 50% on target mark.

Our passing accuracy is absolutely wonderful and lovely to see darling but it's goals we're in love with.
But we knew all that without stats.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Sheffield United no question. Pulling what was left of my hair out.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sheff Utd - we were comfortable until the sending off.

Seemed to cope better yesterday.

Last year against the relegated teams we got 14 / 18 points

This year the best we can do against the current bottom three is 11…..

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Dyche doesn't have our number in my opinion.
We've played him too many times over too many years with different players of differing skill, strength, and speed levels , in different formations, under different managers with different strategies.
It's either psychological
Or
He's not only a Dalek but a flippin' ginger wizard too.
Or
we can never match their commitment, aggression, determination to get the better of their basic uncouth football because we always seem to have a flowery team of mainly lightweight skilful fancy-dans and a manager who have no real will to adapt to find their way past 90 minutes of beefy lump it football.

I'll take evolutionary football and fewer injuries with this present team over beating a few old-schoolers.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I wasn’t at Burnley, but Sheff Utd was the one for me.

First 30 minutes it looked like a cup game between a Prem and a League One side. Should’ve been over at half time.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Yesterday was nowhere near as bad as the others, almost a fair result. Great clearance off the line from lamptey and we hardly made little arms work.
Burnley and Fulham were as frustrating as it gets.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It depends how you define "frustrated".

Burnley - loads of shots on target - keeper made many decent saves - "On another day........."
Sheffield United - Totally on top without putting it to bed - Red card - equaliser - " Our own damn fault"
Fulham - Totally on top - Ref misses Palinha Red - he equalises - time wasting - "Frustrating to draw that"
Everton - Well organised defence - made better opportunities than us - "Happy with the point"

All were frustrating because we were better, but only one of them I felt frustrated because it was unjust.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sheffield United by a mile. As frustrated as I was by aspects of yesterday’s game a draw was all we deserved was happy to grab that point in the end.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Before I vote I just need to check, was it Palhinha who elbowed one of our players (Groß?) in the head but the ref was ok with it, only to then slap in the equaliser?
Yes, that is exactly right, not even deemed a foul, let alone the red card offence it actually was.

I'm still more annoyed about Sheffield United though, as going down to ten men and giving them a sniff was just rubbish.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
In the end I was quite relieved we got a point v Sheffield United given we played 30 minutes with 10 and they missed a golden chance to win it.

Burnley for me. Ludicrous to not win that game and their keeper has the game of his life. Off the back of the Brentford win it should have been two wins back to back .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fulham aren't THAT shit. Not a great result by us, but hard to put that in the same category as the other 3.
Neither are Everton. 31 points (well, would have been without the deduction).

Bumley and Blunts were bad results. The others, no.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here