Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What has been the greatest moment of your life?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The moment when after a couple of months of intensive work with an 8 year old boy with downs syndrome, his parents came to me with the realization that he could at last communicate in sentences. The kick I got was immense, and I felt quite humbled at the gratitude they gave me for something that for most of us is mundane and rudimentary.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Completing a 75 mile Ultra Marathon earlier this year

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Blimey, that is a difficult question. I have to say that the Donny game is right up there. (The Amex one).

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Having Glenn Tilbrook from Squeeze visit me at home and then play a 2 hr solo gig at my 40th birthday party. Also, he was as nice a person that you could have wished to meet.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
First day of filming my part in new Mad Max film, Fury Road back in May and meeting Brad Pitt and Scott Eastwood while working on new war film, last day's filming today!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Meeting Johnny Marr at a party and chatting to him for the whole evening. Very grounded bloke, and of course a genius.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Regardless of the on the pitch outcome, winning the Albion £250k (which ultimately became nearer £500k with sell ons) remains as one of the most pleasing moments of my life. Indirectly helping the Albion when they needed it the most gives me immense pride.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Regardless of the on the pitch outcome, winning the Albion £250k (which ultimately became nearer £500k with sell ons) remains as one of the most pleasing moments of my life. Indirectly helping the Albion when they needed it the most gives me immense pride.

Are you the man who bought us CKR?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Well.. I won the money. Mr Knight bought the player!

Well done. A bit late but thanks none the less, we needed some luck at that stage.
Shame CKR turned out to be a compete spanner otherwise that could of been a great signing.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Well done. A bit late but thanks none the less, we needed some luck at that stage.
Shame CKR turned out to be a compete spanner otherwise that could of been a great signing.

Cheers.
Regrettably the win also produced some of my worst moments as an Albion fan with the personal abuse I got when he didn't come up to scratch (i'm not allowed to comment on the current court case)..... but ultimately I look at it in 3 ways:

1. The sell on money went towards buying Glenn Murray.

2. My children (and hopefully eventually grandchildren!) will be able to read that I played a teeny tiny part in keeping things on the pitch ticking along when things off the pitch (Public Enquiries etc) were all encompassing.

3. Purely selfishly I'm well chuffed I got a name check in Dick Knight's book!!! (although the circs of my win were described slightly inaccurately therein!)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Cheers.
Regrettably the win also produced some of my worst moments as an Albion fan with the personal abuse I got when he didn't come up to scratch (i'm not allowed to comment on the current court case)..... but ultimately I look at it in 3 ways:

1. The sell on money went towards buying Glenn Murray.

2. My children (and hopefully eventually grandchildren!) will be able to read that I played a teeny tiny part in keeping things on the pitch ticking along when things off the pitch (Public Enquiries etc) were all encompassing.

3. Purely selfishly I'm well chuffed I got a name check in Dick Knight's book!!! (although the circs of my win were described slightly inaccurately therein!)

Seriously.... you got personal abuse....

There are some total tools around clearly.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I recently had open-heart surgery for a dodgy valve. Coming through that OK felt as good as any other non-family stuff. Down side is that I do have three months to fill occupying myself with sh*t like this:)

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Reaching John O'Groats last year, after cycling from Land's End, 978 miles in ten days. I'd always wanted to do it, and it was emotional. Still sends shivers up my spine as I think about it now.

bloody hell! Why didn't you do it the other way around? Downhill is surely easier?

(well done!)

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Seriously.... you got personal abuse....

There are some total tools around clearly.

I know.. i tried very hard to ignore the majority, but some got to me a bit.

It wasn't anything to do with the people on open threads on NSC as whilst i didn't always agree with their views, I'm intelligent enough to understand the difference between abuse, opinion and banter.

It was more about the 40+ emails/PM's I received that tore into me and called me every name under the sun just because I was associated with his coming to our club. It wasn't as if I contacted Bury and bought him myself!!!!

One of the worst occasions was an away game just before he left when I actually got spat at and called a f*ing fat w*nker. The spit didn't actually hit me thankfully, but nonetheless it was quite upsetting.

Every club has it's morons, and ours is no different sadly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here