Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What happens when you are "sectioned"

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
i also happen to know two people who work in this sysem addictd to prozac and deeply soulless and down about everything.

You happen to know two people addicted to exactly the same drug, working exactly the same job with exactly the same issues? Your anecdotes do not sound very plausible.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
How easy is it to get someone sectioned?

ie - If you got a few mates together, could you get someone sectioned for a laugh?

Firstly, no it isn't easy. I think it needs the authority/approval of two GP's, neither of whom are going to take it lightly.

Secondly, I don't think it is funny or something to joke about..

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
How easy is it to get someone sectioned?

ie - If you got a few mates together, could you get someone sectioned for a laugh?

I rekon its do-able, get loads of people to report your mate to the mental health clinic saying they've been acting strange and out of character and you're worried about them self harming, then just before they have an assessment slip some acid or Ketamine in their drink.

Once they're certified mental any protestations will only make things worse, if they struggle its lights out time. It'll probably take a few weeks before everyone realises its a joke and sees the funny side :thumbsup:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
i know two people that lost years to this system, and are still healing now - they were just in the wrong place with the wrong people at the wrong time and got slipped into this strange system.

i also happen to know two people who work in this sysem addictd to prozac and deeply soulless and down about everything.

your insults because someone has a different subjective opinion to you (based on us all having a different experience in life) tells me you have some mental issues too. your disgusting insults will be reported to the mods.
I think it was your 'most people' comment that upset him. You pretty much accused the majority of staff of being nasty pieces of work who are worse than the people they are supposedly looking after. So I think you can get off that high horse.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've had to sign mental health warrants to enable mental health workers to gain entry to people's homes, usually when they've stopped engaging. Sectioning is generally a last resort and not something undertaken lightly.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
My brother-in-law was sectioned a few years ago. He suffered from bipolar disorder and he became more and more detached from reality. He would talk about his business plans and they were always fantasy but he'd go into such detail and then would took great offence if you weren't paying 100% attention. He became more and more paranoid until eventually he was sectioned. He received good care but to be honest I think it benefitted my sister more who could take a break from his constant paranoid state. It was very tough on her.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Some completely moronic comments on this subject. If you've got nothing constructive to say then don't bother posting.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Some completely moronic comments on this subject. If you've got nothing constructive to say then don't bother posting.

Indeed!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
it means they will drug him up, sedate him, and turn him into a vegetable.........most people working at these places have more issues than those they house / abuse / look after (choose one depending on view point).

Utter nonsense. My best mate has to assess folk requesting end of section. Oddly, the pleas he hears often sound just like your comments . . . . . must remind him to request confiscation of iPhones, going forward . . . .

Jimmy Grimble

I rekon its do-able, get loads of people to report your mate to the mental health clinic saying they've been acting strange and out of character and you're worried about them self harming, then just before they have an assessment slip some acid or Ketamine in their drink.

Once they're certified mental any protestations will only make things worse, if they struggle its lights out time. It'll probably take a few weeks before everyone realises its a joke and sees the funny side :thumbsup:

I hope I'm not the only one now thinking which of their mates would be funniest to do this too :lolol:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Sectioned under the Mental Health Act. In short it means he has been admitted to a mental health unit type place where he will be detained for a period of time and given treatment before being re-assed

A very simplified explanation of something which is almost always a very delicate and complicated issue.

I saw a woman at Paddington tube today with a totally monstrous arse. She could do with being sectioned by the sounds of it.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
it means they will drug him up, sedate him, and turn him into a vegetable.........most people working at these places have more issues than those they house / abuse / look after (choose one depending on view point).

You are a fckin disgrace.

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
You have to get assessed by your GP and another doctor. Could just be two doctors though.
I've been in a position where the possibility of being sent to a facility has been discussed. I had severe anxiety disorder because of some reasons and this one summer I couldn't leave the house or sit through a meal. It's quite hard to explain that disorder without sounding like an idiot, but what basically happens is random shit will kick off your flight or fight reflexes, the organs you need for fight or flight go into hyper mode and your other ones power down. The chemicals going around **** with your brain obviously and you're left feeling really confused, but knowing that something isn't right. That gives you a massive feeling for dread which made me think I was dying or something idk. I knew I had it but it's hard to win over your own brain sometimes.

That's by-the-by though. I wasn't going to be sectioned, at least not yet, it would've been voluntary at the stage I was at but it would've gone through a similar process because the NHS. My doctor asked me all the questions and I saw another doctor too. The problem I had was that I wanted to get better, but I wanted to get better on my own. I didn't want professional help, drugs, help from my parents or friends. I wanted to fix myself and, since I clearly couldn't do that and every time I "****ed up" in my view by having a panic attack or whatever, I got upset to point of being suicidal. They thought it might be a good idea where if I didn't accept the help, there would be consequences. I didn't want to lose control over my life so my doctor said I should see a therapist, I told my parents and my mum said she'd pay for one her friend went to who was meant to be really good and I went because I didn't want to waste her money. I showed up 20 minutes late and the woman was shocked I showed up at all. Better now.

Excuse my rambling, but thought it might be interesting for people to see the other side of it. I will say this though, I saw a good few doctors, nurses and other professionals due to panicking and whatnot. I never doubted for a second that any of them cared or that they didn't want to help me. Are there jaded health care professionals who don't give a shit? Probably? Are there many of them? No way.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
My nightmare neighbour sadly was sectioned as he basically got totally out of control, police and doctors turned up & he was taken away to be treated. He came back within two days was fine for a good two weeks then went into to relapse and started getting worse & worse. Police turned up twice in last two weeks with docs and he has been taken away again for nearly two weeks. Anyone know what generally happens now??

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title

Fool

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here