What goal (no BHA) as a kid did you try and recreate in the back garden ??

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
always tried to do moselys save the one he did like banks cant remember who we were playing but my brother twatted me as i was supposed to let it in .
then he would do pitch invasions and twat me again telling me that at chesterfield 77 the time albion fans got to there end it was empty?? is it true?

i was the blackest blue white kid in uckfield

now teaching my son to do the bas:rave:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Spunk Bubble said:
I used to try Hoddles lovely chip against Watford (a dustbin as goalkeeper). Never got the same height as he did !!:lolol:

Tired most of Hoddles to be honest. Never quite managed them though.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I demonstrated the moonwalk to a couple of colleagues yesterday, and bored them with the story about him telling the ref to wait for him to finish, plus the players mobbing him after the second goal to stop him doing it again.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Maradona's second goal against England!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Probably attempted David Platt's v Belgium a fair few times never with any success. Trying to watch the ball over your shoulder and volley it would usually result in either missing it completely or occasionally running into the goal post or hedge or whatever else was nearby.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
NMH said:
When I were a lad, everyone was trying that free-kick for Coventry, where one bloke lifted the ball between both feet by jumping - he let's it drop for his team-mate to volley it in over the defensive wall.

Willie Carr and Ernie Hunt I think. On your own the trick was to flick it up then turn around and volley it.

Worrying how much trivia there is floating around one's brain.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
seagurn said:
always tried to do moselys save the one he did like banks cant remember who we were playing but my brother twatted me as i was supposed to let it in .
then he would do pitch invasions and twat me again telling me that at chesterfield 77 the time albion fans got to there end it was empty?? is it true?

i was the blackest blue white kid in uckfield

now teaching my son to do the bas:rave:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Me too... the Moseley save was awesome. Tried the Banks save too but that's quite difficult to recreate... gettýng you're left arm under your body as you dive.

Was a big fan of Alan Rough and his great performance against England (1976?) was another one.

Also remember wabting to score goals like Brandts did in the World Cup 1978.

Had forgotten about this, mine strangely would be Steve Coppell's in some late 70s FA Cup Final. Done it twice since! Running at full pelt you head the ball first, outpace 20 or 30 (ahem) defenders, then crack it across the keeper from 25yds in to the corner of the net.

By the way, hope this doesnt make me illegitimate?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ricky Villa's mazy dribble and goal against Coventry is what I'd like to do but I'd lose the ball and fall over I have no doubt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports