• Total voters

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
1. people who pull out onto roundabouts without looking
2. people who use the bus lane
3. people who overtake you then put their brakes on as soon
as they're past

With regard to the motorway middle lane sitters, I have been undertaking them for many years without getting nicked. I also heard that it was legal (Mike Dicken, Talk Sport)

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
The usual array of bad driving things mentioned above only rarely piss me off - as it happens to everyone and what are you going to do, however there are two things that really annoy me...

a) Women (usually) who think they have to sit so close to the steering wheel its virtually rubbing their boobs - don't they realize if they ever had to steer suddenly in one direction or other that they couldn't and then would be the cause of thier own accident??

b) People who put children under the age of 12 in the front seat - congratulations on putting your child in just about the most dangerous spot of the car!!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
In defence of taxi drivers I must say that on the most part they are decent in Brighton. They know where they are going and the local ones are very talkative and normally ask which way you'd prefer to go.

The are the exceptions and of course the new influx of asian taxi drivers into the town (as has happened all over the country) has generally lowered standards for the moment as they do not know the town yet (give em time and this will improve).

Of course you then have to think about the crap they have to put up with while getting you home in one piece of a friday night.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
sorry Everest but very many taxi drivers are very inconsiderate and flaunt the law on a regular basis, stopping on double yellows to drop people off and blocking roads is always a classic.

everything oin that list pisses me off . . .tailgating is dreadful and should be punished, its exceedingly dangerous, Ive seen so many accidents come pile ups because people drive too closely, 3 in the last week on the A23 alone, my preferred method is to slow down, then when you can sense their annoyance, floor it . . . .if they do it again, a quick blips of brakes does the trick :eek:

Bwian said:
The way to 'do it' would be to allow passing on the inside (as they do in most parts, if not all parts, of North America) where they actually treat drivers like adults. Despite what people may think, it doesn't lead to hundreds of idiots lane hopping-what it does do is allow sensible drivers to get past some of the idiots who get in a lane, develop the 'thousand yard stare' with hands gripping the steering wheel for dear life and refuse to change lanes until they reach their exit.

Our road laws are in serious need of revision...
That'll never happen as it will be too revolutionary and any change that makes driving more sensible and safer will in some way be jumped upon by the road-safety campaigners and anti-speeding tunnel-vision group.

The Famous Grouse

Dec 9, 2003
:nono: I hate pp who cant drive.. I ride an Aprillia RS and they just disregard bikes and pull across you at times sandwiching you. Being a new bike it has a small restricted at the base so I’m getting a better/ louder exhaust to give me more road presence and the power to get pass them safely...:angel: Safe driving pp

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
No. The biggest grind of all is disabled people who right by a junction. Nothing wrong with parking on double yellows, just not by a bloody turn you bunch of flids.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I am not bothered by people who cut me up as I regularly drive in heavy traffic. I have voted tailgating because it is both annoying and dangerous. I also get irritated by cars/vans following me really close with headlights which blind you.

I also have an aversion to inconsiderate parking. I left my car reasonably parked one time and when I came back someone had left their car with their front bumper against my driver's door and the car next to my passenger door was so close you couldn't even open the door more than an inch. I had to climb into the back of my hatchback - not very elegant in a skirt!!:lolol:

Last edited:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
We will probably be in trouble for turning this into a parking thread, but I have always fancied having a tank to park. When people parked selfishly you could just run over their cars with the tank. Good fun and it is unlikely they would park next to you again.:lolol:

Wotton is God

Jan 6, 2004
Hello chaps, hope you don't mind me joining in. The Argyle website pasoti's been down all week (after effects of Saturday?) so I'm boooorrrrrred...

Good thread. I was wondering when someone would mention motorcyclists. I'm one myself and we do get a bad press at times - but it's usually the fairweather wonkers responsible for that, I'd suggest. As for headlights on which I know pisses many motorists off - well, it's necessary self-preservation with all those clowns in tin boxes ambling about in their coccooned little world.

I'd agree with most of the above - lack of signalling when changing lanes on the motorway really gets my goat. A mate explained to me once in his and others' defence that "well, you know the car's going to pull in / out". Oh??? I must have had measles the week we did the psychic course at school. And I suspect you wouldn't get far far trying to convince a driving test examiner that was OK.

Also on motorways - bledy great big HGVs doing 45mph insisting on overtaking ones doing a measly 44mph. The mayhem this causes on only a moderately busy motorway has to be seem to be believed. Not that we see motorways much down in the Westcountry, before someone pipes up.

And finally with my pedestrian hat on. Bledy cyclists on the pavement. I did about 15,000 miles on pushbikes as a kid, and never once did I find pavements a quicker way of getting about than the road. Make cycling proficiency tests compulsory, I say.

Wotton is God said:

Also on motorways - bledy great big HGVs doing 45mph insisting on overtaking ones doing a measly 44mph. The mayhem this causes on only a moderately busy motorway has to be seem to be believed. Not that we see motorways much down in the Westcountry, before someone pipes up.
I think lorries are restricted to doing 56mph, which means if the slower one is doing 50-55, the one who wants to overtake has no choice but to do it slowly.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I hate the kind of drivers that REJECT OUR STADIUM PLANS AND CALL US A 'PRVINCIAL CLUB'.

WANKERS..

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
The way people carry on when they are driving, Now i'm pretty damn sure the majoity of these people would not act like that if they weren't in the safety cocoon of their car.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here