Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What does your NSC screen name mean ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The name came to me after I heard the Chumbawumba song of the same name. There are are few definitions of the term but I take the "to argue a case vigorously." which suits my Internet style :smile: . I have a love of Germany (I know you might find this hard to believe) and the Teutonic twist was added when I moved to Berlin in '97.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Hyperion (Greek: Ὑπε;ρίων, "The High-One") was one of the 12 Titans of Greek mythology, the sons and daughters of Gaia, personification of the Earth, and Uranus (literally meaning 'the Sky'), which were later supplanted by the Olympians.[1][2] He was the brother of Cronus. He was also the lord of light, and the Titan of the east

It is also a Moon of Saturn

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
When I first started watching the albion in the 80s, I was struck by how terrible our midfielder Dale Jasper was. So I went with Dale Jasper.
But because he's so obscure I wonder if people think my actual name is Dale Jasper.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Ludensian is a name given to someone living in Louth . It is also my home town .

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I use the same account name for many websites and forums. My old Youtube username wasn't anonymous enough, so I tried to change it, but every username I wanted had been taken. One of the suggested new usernames given by Youtube was "TheJasperCo", taking part of my middle name and the first two letters of my surname. It's stuck ever since :)

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
"Butch" wasn't available (after my surname Cassidy) so I picked my Mum's nickname give to her by her Brother, no idea what it means though!

I wrote down all the attendances of Albion vs Palace matches since 1949 and worked out the average attendance . I then applied that figure in a cross reference to the pages in Revelations in the Bible and took the first letter of each alternate Chapter & Verse. This produced the letters - A.Z.I.S.A.H.K.I.G.N. which is an anagram of "ZAHA IS KING" - so I thought **** that , I'm not having that as my username - I'm in charge here - who is in charge here ? - I know TheMajor is in charge.

I then deliberately missed out the space between the "The" and the "Major" as space is something I associate with Selhurst.

Simples.:thumbsup:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Comes from when I first put a name and number on the back of a replica shirt. Rather than go with Westcott "7" or whoever was the new hope that season, I went for Gritt and "23" as a mark of respect to the fantastic job Steve Gritt did to drag us up to 23rd the previous season.

Gritty became a nickname, and I've stuck with the Gritt 23, as a reminder of how grateful we once were with such a relatively lowly League position. It helps stop me get all moany about the relatively astronomical league positions we've achieved since, which still somehow get an army of moaners.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
boringly my surname is marsh - people call me marshy i was born 1968... i think i might need to change to a more flare name...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here