Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what does "mutual consent" mean contractually?

Jameson

does this mean that Mickey has given up and therefore relinquishes his contract value eg payoff?

I certainly hope so, as I will not be pleased if my hard earned season ticket money is being wasted on this fiasco.

Perhaps the architect of this ghastly cock up will underwrite the cost. :nono:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its a face-saving exercise. He's not been sacked (so he's not due his full contract payoff), and he's not walked out (so he'll definitelty get some cash). They come to a "mutual agreement" over the payoff.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...Perhaps the architect of this ghastly cock up will underwrite the cost. :nono:

That is exactly who will be paying for it... the board members who have kept the club alive with their millions of pounds over recent years... and who make the decisions about managers etc...

Batman

Feb 16, 2009
It means go quietly and you get something !!!!!!DK already got someone lined up , thats why he wated till Friday!!!!!!!

butters14

Mar 22, 2008
Legally it's simple. If you're fired, you're entitled to a pay-off unless it's gross misconduct, and unless you walk into another job and mitigatre your loss. Being a poor performing manager isn't gross misconduct.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I've always interpreted mutual consent to mean given an opportunity to walk before being pushed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here