Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What does it take to get offended in the work place 2015

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
We had Fishgate in our office yesterday, someone put their fish lunch in the microwave and it did pong! They then went to eat it at their desk instead of the lunch room and the office was in uproar. Messages on the notice board and what not about 'lunch aromas'

Now, I don't eat fish, but it didn't bother me, just shows how pathetic working in an office is sometimes if you cant eat whatever you want, where you want.

Yes it smelt, but was only around for about an hour.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Hmmm. I must work in a progressive office. In the lunchroom we were all taking the piss out of steroid monkeys with tiny willies. Both the guys and girls.

Also I often tell my boss to bugger off. He normally slaps me around the head for being cheeky...then buggers off. :lolol:

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
What an absolute moo.

Fight fire with fire! She has ridiculed your sexual preferences and has passed judgement on you and your life style. As a (presumably) heterosexual male you are being victimised. You are understandably traumatised. Pass your complaint on to HR, and be clear that you will only drop this if you receive:

1. A full public apology
2. Compensation, naturally
3. She reads the thread 'Nob cheeses at work' thread

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I once got told off for saying 'Oh my God'. There was a girl who we worked with who was very, very Christian. I didn't mean to offend, and although I found it very picky (the phrase is surely a common one amongst society isn't it - and isn't meant to be offensive!), I promptly apologised for any offence caused. A year or two later the same girl had left on maternity leave... to have a baby with a married man... who she obviously wasn't married to herself... :facepalm:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I once got told off for saying 'Oh my God'. There was a girl who we worked with who was very, very Christian. I didn't mean to offend, and although I found it very picky (the phrase is surely a common one amongst society isn't it - and isn't meant to be offensive!), I promptly apologised for any offence caused. A year or two later the same girl had left on maternity leave... to have a baby with a married man... who she obviously wasn't married to herself... :facepalm:

Hahaha. I worked in a team of 13. 4 or which were highly religious (3 different types of Christian). I started off watching my tongue, but within 2 years I had them swearing as well. :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It all seems a long long way from the 1970's when it was deemed acceptable in the workplace that, say, a non-smoker could be sharing a small office with somebody who smoked a pipe. Or that a strippergram could be paid for out of an office collection for somebody's birthday :lol:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Oh god, I hate all that "Only Men can be sexist" crap!

The same girl who I've spoken about on this thread, refuses to carry any boxes because "It's a man's job"...

Ahhh, selective Feminism. Perhaps you should have suggested not washing up your coffee mug at work because 'It's a woman's job'

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
You should refuse to clean up the office and refuse to wash up the coffee cups, and tell her you refuse to do it as it is a 'womans job' ( not necessarily my own views )

Ooops, just seen this. great minds.....*

* Not my views either but would like to say it simply for the reaction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here