Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you think of this?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think it tells me that there is an entire section of society that needs education, compassion and understanding. What it probably doesn't need is 15 months in prison.

Caveman2012

Jun 18, 2012
Totally agree I think maybe it should be part of the national curriculum also parenting that and high risk adults should be made to take a course.

I think it tells me that there is an entire section of society that needs education, compassion and understanding. What it probably doesn't need is 15 months in prison.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
First reaction was whether it was true if in he Sun, but heard it on the radio as well.

Second reaction was that no child deserves a start in life like that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
An ex Brighton managers wife once faced prison for picking her son up from school while under the influence of drink. Possibly because of his position she wasn't jailed but it just shows it is an easy thing to do. As people have said perhaps better educating would work. It does seem a little OTT to send her to prison for a longish time and shows that prison is meant as a punishment and not for rehabilitation.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing

wow, really?

your initial reaction to this story is that this 20 year old needs compassion and understanding?

liberalism gone mad.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The baby should be taken away and adopted by a logong couple who cannot have children. The mother should somehow never be allowed to have another. Its just not fair on an innocent child.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
wow, really?

your initial reaction to this story is that this 20 year old needs compassion and understanding?

liberalism gone mad.

Well, my main concern is the child. It is highly likely that she will regain custody of the child on her release and/or go on to have more children. May be worth a shot to educate her? As it stands the state cannot ban someone from having children so perhaps in a case like this she should be educated as to the severity of what she has done and how to move forward. Many people that are idiots at the very young age of 20 have the potential to go on to be good people. Some remain idiots but when children's lives are concerned may be worth trying to turn her around.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
wow, really?

liberalism gone mad.

The mum needs to be supported to develop her sense of personal responsibility and to succeed as a mother.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have kids.

The mccans left there daughter alone while they went out for a few drinks and a meal, the daughter disapeared and has never been found , are they in prison should they be allowed to have more children

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here