Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you think of Mel Gibson now?

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
After being stopped for speeding and drink driving MG apparently said some very naughty things about Jewish people. Not a good career move in Hollywood! Now he's squirming and trying to backtrack - will it kill his career?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Don't mess with the Jews in Hollywood.

Couldn't happen to a nicer Catholic bigot. Obviously coming from a family of holocaust deniers, some of daddy's teachings rubbed off on young Mel.

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
His career is sort of dead anyway. Take away Mad Max and Martin Riggs nothing really stands out in his career. He was in a lot of films in the mid ninties, but most stuff after that has been shite.
What happened lately wont kill his career. Most probably staged anyway, to get him back in the lime light.

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
Never really rated him anyway. All that twitchy sincere bollocks.
After Braveheart and The Patriot how can you take the old ham seriously?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Mel Gibson seeks forgiveness for anti-Semitic rant
02 Aug 2006 00:06:37 GMT
Source: Reuters

By Bob Tourtellotte

LOS ANGELES, Aug 1 (Reuters) - Actor Mel Gibson apologized on Tuesday for making anti-Semitic remarks in a drunken rant and asked to meet Jewish leaders, but several called on the Hollywood superstar to first show deeds and not offer words.

Separately, U.S. television network ABC pulled a program about the Holocaust that Gibson's company was producing, and a Los Angeles official defended the sheriff department's handling of Gibson's arrest against claims he was shown favoritism.

"I want to apologize specifically to everyone in the Jewish community for the vitriolic and harmful words that I said to a law enforcement officer the night I was arrested," Gibson said in a statement.

Gibson, who directed 2004's blockbuster movie "The Passion of The Christ" about the last hours of the life of Jesus, was caught speeding early on Friday, and he went on a rant in which he is widely reported to have said, "The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world."

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department report, parts of which have been published and confirmed by officials, is laced with anti-Semitic remarks and expletives from Gibson.

The report said an open bottle of tequila was found in Gibson's car, and on Tuesday, celebrity magazine In Touch Weekly published photos of Gibson drinking in a Malibu, California, bar and hugging female patrons.

In his statement, the actor and Oscar-winning director of "Braveheart" said he had entered "an ongoing program of recovery." In the past, Gibson has admitted having problems with alcohol.

GIBSON'S PLEA FOR HELP

His anti-Semitic remarks have caused an outcry because, before "Passion," a $610 million global hit, conservative Catholic Gibson defended himself and his movie against critics who labeled them anti-Jewish. His father, Hutton Gibson, has described the Holocaust as "maybe not all fiction, but most of it is."

In Hollywood, where many movie studios were founded and are still run by Jewish men and women, top executives denounced his remarks.

Gibson pleaded for understanding and help.

"I'm not just asking for forgiveness. I would like to take it one step further, and meet with leaders in the Jewish community, with whom I can have a one-on-one discussion to discern the appropriate path for healing," he said.

Several Jewish leaders said he must first complete his recovery program and perform acts of goodwill, such as visiting Nazi death camps.

"We will know when the time is, but the time is certainly not when his press agents think it is," said Rabbi Marvin Hier of the Los Angeles-based Simon Wiesenthal Center. "I certainly think he is facing his alcoholism, and now I think he needs to face the statements of bigotry and anti-Semitism the same."

The Anti-Defamation League "accepted" the apology. National Director Abraham Foxman said when Gibson's recovery is complete, "we will be ready and willing to help him."

A spokeswoman for ABC said the network canceled development of a Holocaust miniseries because nearly two years had passed since ABC struck a deal with Gibson's production company to make it and it had not yet seen a script.

Michael Gennaco, who heads the sheriff department's oversight board, said an initial probe showed L.A. sheriffs did not violate department policies. The final arrest report would include inflammatory comments made by Gibson, he added.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I love it how the Jews think they are untouchable when it comes to people's opinions.

:lolol:

Oh whoa is them, they are the only people's ever to be persecuted by somebody else in the history of the world, poor little dears.

Of course they have never persecuted anyone.

But you'll never hear them appologise for anything becuase if you ask them they are always right .

:rolleyes:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Tyrone Biggums said:
I love it how the Jews think they are untouchable when it comes to people's opinions.

Oh whoa is them, they are the only people's ever to be persecuted by somebody else in the history of the world, poor little dears.

Of course they have never persecuted anyone.

But you'll never hear them appologise for anything becuase if you ask them they are always right .

:rolleyes:

Very much like a wife then ? :lolol:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
hitony said:
Very much like a wife then ? :lolol:

:lolol: :clap:

Maybe that's another thing we should look into

"Are all average house wives really Mossad agents undercover?"

I can feel a Mike Moore crappy doco-film comming up from your astute observation on this matter.

Dandyman

In London village.
Tyrone Biggums said:

/B]

What did he say that was an opinion rather than just bigoted abuse ?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Dandyman said:
What did he say that was an opinion rather than just bigoted abuse ?

He's a twat

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tyrone Biggums said:

Is it just his father's 'opinion' that the holocaust was made up too?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Typical Jew/American overeaction.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Rougvie said:
Typical Jew/American overeaction.
Right - at last, someone who knows what he said. What was it then?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Man of Harveys said:
Right - at last, someone who knows what he said. What was it then?

Couldnt give a monkeys what was said.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What do you mean "now"?

He's long been a bigoted, narrow-minded twat.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Rougvie said:
Couldnt give a monkeys what was said.
Right, erm...OK. So how do you know it was an overreaction?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here