Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you think happened to Fernando Torres?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
What a pass that is at 1.23!

Watching him these days, it's easy to forget just how good he was

9:32 is my favourite pass and the control at 5:46 is simply ORGASMIC.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Don't know if he picked up a bad injury but just like Owen (who did nothing after leaving Liverpool for 12 odd years!) his game was based on explosive pace, lose that and the best part of his game is gone. He also got married and had a kid which probably changed his mentality too, especially if the missus would rather bring the kid up in sunny Spain that Britain and he's rich enough to go back anytime, all could add up to the dramatic loss of form. He also seemes quite a sensitive lad, so would get affected by what goes on around him, both on and off the pitch.

Plus he didn't want a move. Like Kaka, who also liked playing and staying where he was.

toff79

Aug 8, 2011
have you seen the fil space jam? thats whats happend to fernando, somewhere out there an alien is smashing in 40 goals a season

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Don't know if he picked up a bad injury but just like Owen (who did nothing after leaving Liverpool for 12 odd years!) his game was based on explosive pace, lose that and the best part of his game is gone. He also got married and had a kid which probably changed his mentality too, especially if the missus would rather bring the kid up in sunny Spain that Britain and he's rich enough to go back anytime, all could add up to the dramatic loss of form. He also seemes quite a sensitive lad, so would get affected by what goes on around him, both on and off the pitch.

Plus he didn't want a move. Like Kaka, who also liked playing and staying where he was.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I watched him a lot and having seen KD, RF, JB and LS he was at his peak one of the best players I have had the privilege to see in a red shirt. He had problems before the World Cup, played through an injury and as anyone will tell you who actually saw him play lost that first yard of pace after his op.
It was incredible, he seemed to go backwards. How the people at chelski didn't see it always amazed me and all fairness he did LFC a favour by leaving.
There is a rumour, but it's probably rubbish that the blues still owe LFC £15m for Torres and have asked if they want him back instead, probably BS.
Anyway, great player and a real loss to any footy fan who has seen his decline.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here