Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you put on your toast?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I like to smear on my half-toasted slices a pellet or two of crushed autumnal woodlouse diaries - there's a slightly greater yet richer sadness in their curled-up-in-a-fearful-ball thinking at the end of a long dry summer looking for moisture and their seemingly last cries are daubed all over speckled veins of almost ochre leaves - and to wetten the bread with a rented pipetteful of Jeremy Paxman tears - bejesus they're bitter, but go well with the sprinkles of isopod bleakness.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I like to smear on my half-toasted slices a pellet or two of crushed autumnal woodlouse diaries - there's a slightly greater yet richer sadness in their curled-up-in-a-fearful-ball thinking at the end of a long dry summer looking for moisture and their seemingly last cries are daubed all over speckled veins of almost ochre leaves - and to wetten the bread with a rented pipetteful of Jeremy Paxman tears - bejesus they're bitter, but go well with the sprinkles of isopod bleakness.
uploadfromtaptalk1444166246987.jpg

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The Co-op does a rather good orange, lemon and grapefruit marmalade.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Generous with the butter then lashings of tomato purée (Napolina if budget permits). This must be tried if you've not had a go before - works on any toast but white sliced is my preference. Great for breakfast or if you're just feeling blue.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Baked Beans on my 1 slice per week as part of a self indulgent cooked breakfast on Sundays.
Healthy stuff the rest of the time and no bread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here