Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What do you consider a great neighbour, at the Amex?

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
To prove not all fans are twats with annoying kids:
Who are the good people around you, and what makes them so?

Two guys next to me will always say hello, very friendly but absolutely no requirement to engage in small talk. They only move at half time and come back before the team comes back out.
Everyone around gets involved in singing and clapping and ref abuse.
Apart from the chain vaping family in front, everyone seems throughly decent.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
To prove not all fans are twats with annoying kids:
Who are the good people around you, and what makes them so?

Two guys next to me will always say hello, very friendly but absolutely no requirement to engage in small talk. They only move at half time and come back before the team comes back out.
Everyone around gets involved in singing and clapping and ref abuse.
Apart from the chain vaping family in front, everyone seems throughly decent.
Yep, exactly same around us. Has changed in the last couple of seasons (for the better).

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Exactly the same. Everyone around me is a pleasure to be around pretty much. Friendly, chatty but not too much, get involved in the singing and it's all good. There have been two blokes not far behind me the past couple of games who are new and I'm hoping aren't going to be there for too long because of their constant, loud, very annoyed, tactical analysis that's often at odds with everyone else's perception of the action.

Verbatim quote: "STICK IT IN THE MIXER. STICK IT IN THE MIXER. IF THAT WAS ME I'D OF STUCK IT IN THE MIXER. DUNKY. BACK STICK. BIG HEAD. BOSH. GOAL. GROSS IS BLIND MATE. JESUS. GROSS! YOU'RE BLIND MATE." etc etc

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Exactly the same. Everyone around me is a pleasure to be around pretty much. Friendly, chatty but not too much, get involved in the singing and it's all good. There have been two blokes not far behind me the past couple of games who are new and I'm hoping aren't going to be there for too long because of their constant, loud, very annoyed, tactical analysis that's often at odds with everyone else's perception of the action.

Verbatim quote: "STICK IT IN THE MIXER. STICK IT IN THE MIXER. IF THAT WAS ME I'D OF STUCK IT IN THE MIXER. DUNKY. BACK STICK. BIG HEAD. BOSH. GOAL. GROSS IS BLIND MATE. JESUS. GROSS! YOU'RE BLIND MATE." etc etc
Time to merge the two threads. I have already blown warm sweet smoke up a couple or arse holes. And I'm not going there again.

(That came out all wrong. I was trying to be nice :lolol: )

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
The couple I’ve had this season , good conversation, always ask how we are not getting up and down and more importantly watch the game, gutted we have had to move

Last edited:

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
The two lads we're next to are great, friendly, cheerful and always up for an over-enthusiastic group goal celebration :LOL:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I wouldn't dream of moving from our seats, most around us have been in the same seats since the Amex opened and even though we only see those people 20 or so times a year they are our football friends and we have been through births deaths and marriages throughout our time there as well as promotions, Hyppia, Leon Best and Europe

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
I sit in the north west corner and our row plus the one behind and one in front are probably the nicest bunch of people to share football with. I know two of the chaps behind and my two kids and a mate and his kid on the same row, otherwise I couldn't even tell you anyone elses name but it is a real privilege to chat with, sing with and celebrate goals with them all.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Pretty good where I am in N1E, fell out with the guy in front of me about 10 years ago, both shook hands the next game and have done ever since.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here